Some Advice

MickEyBlue42

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi people

Got a new unlocked 32gb G2 arriving next week

Im finding it kind of daunting reading all the do's and donts with this handset.

Planning to run it on a prepaid sim as I am an airtime vendor so it works out cheaper than contract for me.

Is there a thread or link that I can go to that can help me setup this phone ? what to do and not to do?

People saying dont update and do update... knock codes...

This is like reading latin right now, been on blackberry for the last 9 year (currently a 9220). So clueless :/

Any advice would be great :D

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Pop in the SIM, set APN information, reboot, take any OTAs, reboot (make sure there are not multiple OTAs), factory default, setup APN again, lastly enjoy your new device!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the latest OTA and I'm rooted with 0 issues. none. It's a great phone and so far has made me very very happy!

MickEyBlue42

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
My phone is shipping with JellyBean 4.2.2

So do you think it is a good idea to accept all the updates?

I have read through here of many horror stories of battery drainage, apps not working properly etc.

The phone is arriving this week and Im more confused then ever. Some people say leave it if it works, others say do the upgrade?? I dont want to update the phone and it effects it negatively.

Do most people just update or what? :-\

I have bought the 32gb International Unlocked Version.

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I would say to you go ahead and do the update. I am running kit Kat on my g2 sprint version and I can honestly tell you I have had zero issues with mine. My battery life is awesome moderate usage I get 18 to 20 hours cannot complain about that. The performance is alot better to much more snappier. This has been a solid phone and even after 6 months of having it I still love it every day. Hope this helps you and enjoy your g2.

Posted via Android Central App

jlbattagli

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend following acejavelin's advice above, as soon as you get your phone. The fewer changes you have made to your phone, the less likely you are to have any type of conflict after you take an OTA.

It seems likely that for many, if not most people, the increased battery drain after updating to KitKat was due to the OS doing a lot of background synching for a day or two after the update. That definitely seemed to be the case for me; after a couple of days the battery settled down and has been phenomenal ever since. Coming from a Blackberry as you are, I would expect that you have very little in the way of Google accounts that need to be synched, so it should be even quicker for you.

Plus, if you update immediately, you won't have gotten used to where everything is, just to have it moved around on you (sometimes I think Google/Android moves stuff around just to mess with our heads :eek: )

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Pop in the SIM, set APN information, reboot, take any OTAs, reboot (make sure there are not multiple OTAs), factory default, setup APN again, lastly enjoy your new device!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
my lg g2 is coming next week and i am an android newbie as well. yours is the most straight-forward and useful advice i've seen!

MickEyBlue42

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone :) Got the phone. Aaaalmost finished loading across all my bits and pieces from my old blackberry...

Its been a 'spring cleaning' of note! amazing how much crap you accumulate.

LOVE this phone. Its simply amazing !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01