Is it possible to boot to stock recovery on an unrooted D802?

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to boot to recovery the other day, but I was unable to do so. I'm not rooted. Anyone know whether it's possible to get to stock recovery? I don't have a really important reason to do it, I just kinda want to. I've seen the answer "hold power and volume down, then release at the LG logo and then press them again" - but I think that's to get to custom recovery, and it didn't do anything for me, although I tried it a few times. I was wondering if this thing has a stock recovery I can access. Thanks.

brainvision

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I think it's Volume up, not down.. BTW you should be able to boot stock recovery..

[ brvsn • C-Rom 7.1 on nxs7.3g • Tapatalk Pro ]

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to boot to recovery the other day, but I was unable to do so. I'm not rooted. Anyone know whether it's possible to get to stock recovery? I don't have a really important reason to do it, I just kinda want to. I've seen the answer "hold power and volume down, then release at the LG logo and then press them again" - but I think that's to get to custom recovery, and it didn't do anything for me, although I tried it a few times. I was wondering if this thing has a stock recovery I can access. Thanks.

How to Enter Recovery Mode on LG G2

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
That gives the exact same instructions that I said weren't working for me.

Well, then I guess you must have the special G2 modified especially for you so the standard boot into recovery instructions don't work.

Was trying to help, no need to be a jerk about it.

Last edited:

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, then I guess you must have the special G2 modified especially for you so the standard boot into recovery instructions don't work.

Was trying to help, no need to be a jerk about it.

Thanks for the snark, but linking me to an article that gives the exact steps that I described as not working for me is not helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol