I was trying to boot to recovery the other day, but I was unable to do so. I'm not rooted. Anyone know whether it's possible to get to stock recovery? I don't have a really important reason to do it, I just kinda want to. I've seen the answer "hold power and volume down, then release at the LG logo and then press them again" - but I think that's to get to custom recovery, and it didn't do anything for me, although I tried it a few times. I was wondering if this thing has a stock recovery I can access. Thanks.
    06-29-2014 02:16 AM
    I think it's Volume up, not down.. BTW you should be able to boot stock recovery..

[ brvsn • C-Rom 7.1 on nxs7.3g • Tapatalk Pro ]
    06-29-2014 11:00 AM
    I think it's Volume up, not down.. BTW you should be able to boot stock recovery..

[ brvsn • C-Rom 7.1 on nxs7.3g • Tapatalk Pro ]
    Hmm, volume up doesn't work for me either.
    06-30-2014 04:01 AM
    Hmm, volume up doesn't work for me either.
    With the phone completely off, hold the vol- button and press power. When the LG logo appears, quickly press the power button 3 times. It might take a few tries but you'll eventually get it.
    07-02-2014 09:40 AM
    I was trying to boot to recovery the other day, but I was unable to do so. I'm not rooted. Anyone know whether it's possible to get to stock recovery? I don't have a really important reason to do it, I just kinda want to. I've seen the answer "hold power and volume down, then release at the LG logo and then press them again" - but I think that's to get to custom recovery, and it didn't do anything for me, although I tried it a few times. I was wondering if this thing has a stock recovery I can access. Thanks.
    How to Enter Recovery Mode on LG G2
    07-02-2014 11:55 AM
    That gives the exact same instructions that I said weren't working for me.
    07-02-2014 10:14 PM
    With the phone completely off, hold the vol- button and press power. When the LG logo appears, quickly press the power button 3 times. It might take a few tries but you'll eventually get it.
    Thanks, but I can't seem to get that to work either.
    07-02-2014 10:15 PM
    Thanks, but I can't seem to get that to work either.
    As soon as the logo appears you need to do it fast. Its a pain in the a$$ but it does work, just keep trying.

Otherwise you should be able to use ADB.
    Megaroad likes this.
    07-02-2014 11:27 PM
    As soon as the logo appears you need to do it fast. Its a pain in the a$$ but it does work, just keep trying.

Otherwise you should be able to use ADB.
    I'll try it later, thanks for the help.
    07-03-2014 12:47 AM
    That gives the exact same instructions that I said weren't working for me.
    Well, then I guess you must have the special G2 modified especially for you so the standard boot into recovery instructions don't work.

Was trying to help, no need to be a jerk about it.
    07-03-2014 05:39 AM
    Well, then I guess you must have the special G2 modified especially for you so the standard boot into recovery instructions don't work.

Was trying to help, no need to be a jerk about it.
    Thanks for the snark, but linking me to an article that gives the exact steps that I described as not working for me is not helpful.
    07-04-2014 05:17 AM