Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Damaged LCD - Hardware Key Control

Unfortunately got caught in a storm the other day, got totally soaked and my G2 suffered some water damage. Not too bad, just some digitizer issues, but bad enough I guess that I get this screen basically every time I unlock my screen telling me my screen my be damaged and that I have the option to use the hardware keys for things like answering calls and turning off alarms.

This is cool and all, actually I'm impressed LG included such a feature, and that the phone can tell if it's damaged. I just can't figure out how to actually activate it, as silly as that sounds. I'll include a screenshot. It says push the power button to accept, but the power button just locks the screen (as the power button typically does) and upon turning it back on the message remains. Like I said, it sounds silly, but how do I actually enable this feature? I'm not sure if it's my phone or a possible oversight on LGs part. (But my hardware buttons have been functioning just fine)

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

EDIT*
    I figured it out, simply holding the power button down for a few extra seconds seemed to accept the option, and it no longer pops up every time I unlock the screen. Even though I already tried this, perhaps my frustration with the water damage destroyed my patience with my phone.

The only issue now is I can't delete any app or widget on my home screen (since the delete option requires the user do drag icons to the top of the display, across the row of the now non-functioning top 1/4 of my screen) doh! Lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Damaged LCD - Hardware Key Control-1404096517661.jpg  
    Last edited by osirhc; 07-01-2014 at 11:14 PM.