Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By acejavelin
  • 1 Post By acejavelin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to change where contacts are saved by default?

I searched a couple sites/forums but nothing really addressing the LG G2.

Im trying to figure out how to make my G2 save new contacts by default under my gmail account.

I currently have 2 gmails accounts on my phone works and personal
    noticed the contacts I saved under the messaging app were saved by default under "phone"
    and the contacts I save under the contacts app keep trying to save by default under my work gmail (which I added after my personal email to my phone) so I removed the work email and the G2 default to save under "phone"

ive checked all sync settings. personal gmail is set to sync everything, work was only set to emails. ive even removed all emails and just did personal its like my G2 hates me and refuses to save contacts under gmail.
    Is there something im missing?
    its kinda frustrating

Global Posts
    1,229 Global Posts
    ROM
    SimpleAOSP & Hells-Core

Default Re: How to change where contacts are saved by default?

Odd... Mine always uses the last account I selected, if I create a contact and save it to certain Google account, the next time I add a contact it defaults to that same account. Is that not what yours does? There is no option to set a "default" account to use in the stock firmware.

BTW, I have the Verizon vs980 variant with stock 4.4.2 firmware.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T (SimpleAOSP/hells-Core Kernel/LTE)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
    Thanked by:
    Delirious D likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Odd... Mine always uses the last account I selected, if I create a contact and save it to certain Google account, the next time I add a contact it defaults to that same account. Is that not what yours does? There is no option to set a "default" account to use in the stock firmware.

BTW, I have the Verizon vs980 variant with stock 4.4.2 firmware.
    hmmm let me try that. cause I keep pressing add contact a and see that's its set to phone or work email I haven't actually saved.. but ill try saving a contact to see.. ty

just tried it... I could hug you right now... that worked... you're the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woot woot...
    1000 pts for you!!!! (Aisha tyler voice)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,229 Global Posts
    ROM
    SimpleAOSP & Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by Delirious D View Post
    hmmm let me try that. cause I keep pressing add contact a and see that's its set to phone or work email I haven't actually saved.. but ill try saving a contact to see.. ty

just tried it... I could hug you right now... that worked... you're the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woot woot...
    1000 pts for you!!!! (Aisha tyler voice)
    Glad I could help and you got it working.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T (SimpleAOSP/hells-Core Kernel/LTE)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
    Thanked by:
    Delirious D likes this.

Hi Everyone
    Merry Christmas
    I'm having the same issue as above with my new LG G2, i saved a few numbers on my phone but they wouldn't sync to my gmail account, so after searching a bit i found that the Contacts app was saving the numbers automatically on the phone memory.
    So now when i add a new number, at the top i must select "Gmail" as a location where to save, and this way the contact syncs fine.
    But i can't set it to default as Gmail, it's set as Phone.
    I tried a few times to save under Gmail but everytime i save a number it is set to Phone by default.
    This is frustrating because this means i must remember where to save the numbers otherwise they won't sync.
    didn't have this issue with my Nexus 5.
    Can someone help please
    It's a G2 D802 on 4.4.2 kitkat, not modified in any way

Thanks in advance