What Texting App Are You Using on LG G2?

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Has it gotten less laggy? The last time I used it for texting it lagged a lot.
Seems fine to me, I have been using it as my main sms app for a month or so and kind of like it's simple clean layout, not as pretty or feature rich as evolve sms, but it does everything I need, except attaching contact v cards, and I have family using hangouts now so it's easier to use one app for everyone.

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I tried a few and the interface that I liked was Handcent so I stuck with that and have had no problems at all.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I use Hangouts primarily. I try not send actual SMS's much because I have a weird Hong Kong carrier that is a good deal (10 GB across two phone lines for about 70 usd) but charges extra per SMS. Go figure. It's not a big issue here though, because everyone seems to use free messaging apps. So I send Hangouts messages on Hangouts. I use QQ/WeChat as a backup for people who don't have Hangouts. And I have WhatsApp on my phone, although I don't use it much.

I like Hangouts well enough. No serious problems with it.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Seems fine to me, I have been using it as my main sms app for a month or so and kind of like it's simple clean layout, not as pretty or feature rich as evolve sms, but it does everything I need, except attaching contact v cards, and I have family using hangouts now so it's easier to use one app for everyone.

Sounds good. I will try it out again.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
And just to be clear, the SMS messages sent through Hangouts DO NOT get sent to Google's servers right? It just stays on my device?

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Been using hangouts, it just works well and I like the sms/hangouts integration.

Before that I was using evolve.

Posted via Android Central App w/G2

ACME Guy

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I use Textra. I started using it when I got my AT&T G2 because group message didn't work properly. Although that was fixed, I still liked Textra better than the stock app. Its a simple app that works great. It lets you pick the color of the bubble and text, background dark or white, color of notification indicator, and notification light color, and other options. Its free, and developers respond to questions about setup and appreciate feedback about use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech