no universal ok goggle hotword

chrisnutt

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi just updated goggle search to 3.5.15 thought this update was supposed to enable ok goggle hotword from any screen,I have however no options in settings to do so. Can anyone help thanks in advance

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's still on a roll-out phase. I haven't gotten it yet, either. But I did receive another update for...something else haha

But yeah, still no universal hot-word detection.

simon_lefisch

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi just updated goggle search to 3.5.15 thought this update was supposed to enable ok goggle hotword from any screen,I have however no options in settings to do so. Can anyone help thanks in advance

I'm on that version and have the hot word function. Actually I've had it for a few months. Maybe its your launched. I use Nova Launcher and can still use that function. Also, check that you have voice detection on (start Google search and go to settings>voice>OK Google detection).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nova added the feature on its launcher, not really a part of the Google app itself. Google is rolling it out to all devices now, regardless of the launcher. But it's still rolling out, which means not all of us will see this feature until a few weeks.

simon_lefisch

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Nova added the feature on its launcher, not really a part of the Google app itself. Google is rolling it out to all devices now, regardless of the launcher. But it's still rolling out, which means not all of us will see this feature until a few weeks.

You can pull the APK from gapps zip and install it.

Edit: here's the new Google search APK

https://app.box.com/s/i4a3azle37d00b21coko

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance