GPS suddenly stops working

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I did a search and haven't come up with anything other than this must be a hardware sensor failure, but wanted to ask the forum just in case I am missing something:

I have a less than one month old G2. The phone suddenly cannot find any GPS satellites, the icon is greyed instead of white when I have maps, waze, or any mapping app. I have location services set to high accuracy(have tried sensor only as well)
The GPS status is yellow in GPS Test app instead of green as it is on my other phone(S4).
I have tested the phone with GPS test and GPS fix. GPS test SEE's(in view) 17-18 satellites(even inside) but locks onto none(inside or outside).
GPSFix never locks onto one either.

I assume something died in my phone that controls GPS....any other ideas?
I have rebooted the phone a bunch of times.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
GPS issues have plagued this handset, not a really common issue but enough that its been noticed... Google "LG G2 GPS fix" for more info... TBH, compared to my Nexus 4, my G2 has a tough time getting a lock. In the car It won't lock or will constantly lose it if its say in my lap or a cupholder, but it locks quickly and maintains it in my windshield mount, and forget getting a lock indoors even by a window.

Although the first thing I would try is resetting and updating the A-GPS data with an app like https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&token=qntcKOph

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
My first G2 the GPS only worked sometimes but since LG sent me a new G2 it has been working perfect

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has to be a hardware problem. Take back to wherever you purchased. Less than 1 month old means you still have your full warranty.

My G2 GPS works flawlessly, never have problems getting a lock, even indoors inside concrete buildings.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes