Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Missing Calls

My wife and I both got new G2's earlier this year and my wife's G2 has a problem with missing calls. The phone will not ring, nor will it give a missed call notification.

At first we thought it was a problem related to un-linking from her cars Bluetooth since it seemed to happen mostly at home or work but she's begun to realize that it happens more often and in many locations. I do not have this problem with my G2.

When it happens, it will ring on the callers end 4 times and then go to voice mail. If the caller leaves a VM, she does not get a VM notification. She IS able to send and receive texts while this is happening.

We've tried to duplicate it several times and almost always she has either decent 3G or 4G signal. Interestingly, her phone shows a better signal than mine. I can call her phone from mine - standing right next to her - and it will ring on my end but not hers then go to VM after 4 rings. If I use our house phone, it will do the same. She is able to make a call right after it happens. Rebooting the phone fixes the problem until the next time.

At first I thought it may have been an issue with JB but it happens on KK too. I'm thinking bad SIM card or possibly a problem with the phone (obviously...)

Thanks
    David

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

Default Re: Missing Calls

I tend to agree with the SIM possibility. Why not swap SIM's between yourself and your wife for a few minutes and duplicate your test and let us know the results? If it turns out to be the SIM, you'll now have a much easier time explaining it to the carrier (and hopefully get a new SIM no charge).