G2 may have just been my perfect phone all along.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
So I was thinking about our beloved cell phones like anyone here at Android Central does, always looking for the next best thing etc...

I bought the G2 the day it came out on T-Mobile. I switched from a Nexus 4. Those phones are just about the same size which for me was right at the maximum size I wanted for a phone. The G2 though somehow squeezed a 5.2" screen into the same sized case as the N4 basically. My son uses the N4 now and the screen feels small to me. The G2 also has a battery almost 1/3 bigger.

I've been constantly looking for my replacement to the G2. I keep finding something I don't like about whatever new phone. The M8 and it's camera (it doesn't seem bad but something about that 4mp thing). On the other hand I like the boomsound and think I'd like blinkfeed. The S5 is more a personal thing from my first Android phone the Epic. TouchWiz was bloated then and seems bloated now although much better than before. The Z2 I love but T-Mobile or anyone has yet to offer it, plus it's big. One+1 can't get and big, G3 bigger than I wanted.

Anyway the list goes on and on with new phones coming out. The Z3 compact has me intrigued for example. Not sure I can go to a 4.5" screen.

I was thinking though maybe I have my perfect phone already and I need to sit back and enjoy the device LG put together. The screen is beautiful, camera works very well, battery life is outstanding, it's on 4.4.2 which is good and it just got an update that fixed the dang Google music bug. The hardware is still really great spec wise. I see the mini phones coming out and they're all downgrades to the G2. I don't want a bigger phone than the G2, I may not have that option for long because well, they keep getting bigger unfortunately.

To really make this phone shine I rooted and use G2 tweaksbox. Nova launcher and it basically looks exactly how my Nexus did. Also installed the camera mod which helped focus times in low light. This phone is damn near perfect.

Posted via Android Central App w/G2

antheauxny

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's a great device. I'm sure the G3 will improve in an already amazing phone though. Its Perfect for my needs but my only real gripes with it are the cameras & how slippery it is. The cameras are good but I'm coming from an iPhone. iPhone cameras will spoil you...lol. The rear camera is good but I'm heavy into IG & the front cam just doesn't cut it for me. I personally feel the front cam on the HTC One(s) are the closest to that of the iPhone's.
& this phone is just so darn slippery to me but I like to rock my phones naked so I'll just have to deal haha.
Overall best android I've ever used.

Posted via Android Central App

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it is slippery, so is that HTC one m8. I use a 3 dollar ultra slim case from monoprice, plenty grip and barely notice there's a case on it.

Posted via Android Central App w/G2

simon_lefisch

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's a great device. I'm sure the G3 will improve in an already amazing phone though.

Not that much of an improvement except for 3gb of ram, a bigger screen and a slightly faster CPU (2.5Ghz if I'm not mistaken). I'm completely happy with my G2, and now that the AOSP ROM I'm running is perfect there's no need for me to get a new phone.

If the G3 had an octo-core processor, then I'd be all over it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX