Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Klotar
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG g2 suddenly won't connect to pc as storage

Hi guys. My g2 suddenly won't connect. Normally I plug it in and it let's me select the conndction type. Now it just says slow charging. Tried different cables and different computers. I think I accidently unplugged it before just after it finished a file transfer. Any ideas?

Default Re: LG g2 suddenly won't connect to pc as storage

Welcome to Android Central! Does rebooting help? When plugged in via USB, do you see a USB connection notification in the Notification Shade? If so, tap it and make sure it says MTP.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi, nope, rebooted the three computers I tried it on. Rebooted the phone...its strange because it charges fine through a wall charger, and when connected with the cable now, it says "slow charging"... its never done that before. Could it be possible the data part of the usb is broken but the power bit is still intact? No notification to select MTP....used to be there but now gone..tried selecting manually and toggling via settings but nothing.

thanks

edit: also tried usb debugging...none of my computers are detecting it!

I know that cables can be faulty, but you already said you tried multiple cables. So it's possible there's a problem with the port. The contacts for charging are going to be different from those for data transfer, so it's possible that there's been some selective damage. You may have to bring the phone to a repair shop, or contact LG for warranty work.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

OK thanks , do you think it's worth trying to clean it? How would I go about doing that? Thanks

I've never tried it before. You could use a soft bristled toothbrush, I suppose. Or a can of compressed air to blow it out.

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

Just to add: while it may not have said "Slow Charging" prior to your issue happening, it always has been slow charging. The stock wall charger is 1.8A and the USB port on a PC is 500mA (0.5A).

OK, let's see we can fix your issue. If you click the Settings icon, scroll down to PC Connection (in the System section) and tap that, you should see "Select USB connection method" and "Ask upon connecting". To be asked each time like you used to be, put a checkmark next to it. If you want to just change the default, tap the Select USB connection method and see what it's currently set to. You should be able to change your settings there (Charge phone, Media sync (MTP), Tethering, LG Software and send images (PTP).

Good luck.
    Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
    The Department of Redundancy Department
    LG Optimus G2 D-803 | Android 4.4.2 | Rogers Wireless
    B. Diddy likes this.