Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By simon_lefisch
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default button use & root

So I just got an LG G2 (👏👏🙌👏👏) I know I know. Coming from an S3 is a big improvement. I have a couple issues thus far. I don't like the buttons. I like how Sammy kept the buttons desperate from the screen. I hate typing fast because I always hit the Damn home button when I'm using the space bar.
    Is there a way that I could get rid of those button off my screen & use the swipe up perhaps to reveal them?
    Have they gotten an update for rooting the G2? I ha seen towelroot was the easiest (it does everything from on your phone right?) But it wasn't updated to support the new kit Kat update, when I checked.
    & I can't seem to find what I need to use to sync my home computer storage (another thing I miss,memory cards)
    Thanks for your help.

Posted via Android Central App
    I ramble...alot, but not rii now cuz u read'n this.....
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: button use & root

Oh, I'm on Verizon.

I have the AT&T model and after the latest update I used ioroot, KK and Knock Code. The latest version of ioroot appears to be available for all variants. the latest version page and download is here: [ROOT] Root your G2 [ATT|VZW|TMO|KT|RGS|BELL|TELUS|OPEN] [Yay!] - Post #869 - XDA. The original page that has a video tutorial and everything is here: [ROOT] Root your G2 [ATT|VZW|TMO|KT|RGS|BELL|TELUS|OPEN] [Yay!] - xda-developers. I used the original ioroot on Kit Kat, unrooted to take Knock Code update, then used the latest version to root again. Works Great. By the way, if you root, you should really look at Xdabbeb's camera mod v3.1 apk. It makes a huge difference in the camera. That mod is here: [MOD] Xdabbeb's Camera/Video v3.2.0/4.0.0 [GPro2/G3] - xda-developers. Hope this helped. Good luck.

Oh yea, regarding moving files to and from the computer...LG PC Suite works well. They have a PC and Mac download. Go to the support page for your phone on the LG USA website and its under software and manuals. It puts file system tree of your computer on the top of the screen and file tree from G2 on bottom of screen and you simply drag and drop.

It's pretty easy to root with ioroot. There's an app in the play store called immersive mode that hides the buttons. It causes problems with some of my apps though.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thank you all, when I get some time tonite I'm a do my reading. Hopefully I can get what I'm after. Preciate the responses & the links.

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

I can't remember if its G2 Tweaksbox or another tweaks module I installed that has the option to hide the nav bar, but i use that with PIE controls and love it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Furt View Post
    I can't remember if its G2 Tweaksbox or another tweaks module I installed that has the option to hide the nav bar, but i use that with PIE controls and love it.
    Yea, that bar at the bottom all the time is super annoying. I constantly hit it. & I just figured out (while typing this) what the damn left & right arrows are for. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chasenfreedom View Post
    Yea, that bar at the bottom all the time is super annoying. I constantly hit it. & I just figured out (while typing this) what the damn left & right arrows are for. Lol.

If you end up flashing an AOSP based ROM, you can use pie controls without having to install xposed.

Towelroot does work with 4.4.2. Did it myself in 5 seconds

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

well fella's I rooted without a hitch. Thank you everyone for your input. Im in the process now of doing a titanium backup, so after I do that who knows were i'll end up! lol

- - - Updated - - -

what's a good ROM to grab?

well fella's I rooted without a hitch. Thank you everyone for your input. Im in the process now of doing a titanium backup, so after I do that who knows were i'll end up! lol

- - - Updated - - -

If you want smooth, stable AOSP....Mahdi. Make sure you backup your stock before flashing.
    Thanked by:
    Edin Abazi likes this.

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simon_lefisch View Post
    If you end up flashing an AOSP based ROM, you can use pie controls without having to install xposed.
    PIE Control is an app in the Google Play store.... why would you use Xposed for that...

- - - Updated - - -

depends on what you want. if you want a Nexus phone, CyanogenMod. If you want an LG G3, CloudyG3 v1.2

Personally, I'm using CloudyG3 with Immersive Full-Screen Mode and PIE Control from the Play Store. Gives you all the features of the G3 from the new UI, Multi-Window, Health stuffz that i never use, ect ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Furt View Post
    PIE Control is an app in the Google Play store.... why would you use Xposed for that...
    I said you DON'T have to install xposed.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quick question, oh 1st thanks for the info, I'm rooted with a custom recovery (twrp) the only thing I've flashed is the camera mod from xbadada & honestly, I didn't see any changes. I'm wondering if I did it right.
    I downloaded it to the phone
    Booted to recovery
    Flashed it thru twrp
    Nothing I can tell happened. Is those the proper steps?
    Oh & I'm going to get pie control right now. Lol

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Also if somebody doesn't mind telling me, what can I flash to get rid of the softkeys at the bottom?
    That's my whole reason for wanting to use the pie controls.

Everything looks and works exactly the same except for a few things. I have an app icon in the app drawer, as I used the .apk for 3.1. Some ways you can tell: For the camera mod, if you go into the settings, you will have ISO 1600. In the modes section you will have Magic Focus. If you have that it worked. The other mods are internal so you wont see them but it does stuff like limit the shutter speed. On the video side in settings you will see 1080p @60fps. I dont use video much so Im not too sure.

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simon_lefisch View Post
    I said you DON'T have to install xposed.
    Ohhhh. I see that now. Ha

Quick question, oh 1st thanks for the info, I'm rooted with a custom recovery (twrp) the only thing I've flashed is the camera mod from xbadada & honestly, I didn't see any changes. I'm wondering if I did it right.
    I downloaded it to the phone
    Booted to recovery
    Flashed it thru twrp
    Nothing I can tell happened. Is those the proper steps?
    Oh & I'm going to get pie control right now. Lol

Check your video options. You should have something higher than 1080p.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    Check your video options. You should have something higher than 1080p.
    1080p 60frames is the highest.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I reflashed it, I'm good.

1080p 60frames is the highest.

I had the option for either 2K or 4K for video when I did mine.

I reflashed it, I'm good.

Glad to hear that.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

So I wound up doing the camera mod & installing xposed framework. I like xposed, all I really wanted to do was customize a few things to my liking. One issue tho, I can't find what let's me customize the color of the top half of my pull down notification window. Were it shows your qslide apps & quick setting. I want to change everything to black or transparent.