Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OK google command

So for some reason all of a sudden I can't get the "OK google" voice command to work. I'm running stock KitKat and I've tried it in both the LG ui and Nova Launcher. Has anyone else had this trouble? Any ideas on how to fix would be great, thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: OK google command

Welcome to Android Central! A couple of basic questions--are you sure you have Ok Google detection turned on? Go to Google Settings>Search & Now>Voice>"Ok Google" Detection. Are any of the checkboxes checked?

Second, if only the "From Google Search app" checkbox is checked, are you saying, "Ok Google" from the Google Now page, rather than any other homescreen?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I checked the settings and checked the box to enable using the command from any homescreen. When it asks for me to say the command 3 times to learn my way of speech, it doesn't respond so I can't complete the setup. I tried the same thing on an S4 that I have and it worked flawlessly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Did you ever manage to get to the bottom of this? Having the same trouble with my HTC One after doing a factory reset. Worked fine before, now won't recognise the 'OK Google' command, though does recognise my commands if I manually press the microphone icon.

I've checked all the settings are correct, tried changing languages, uninstalled and resinstalled Google Search app updates.

I'm flummoxed.

Ben

Have you set the language to US english??Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious

Yup, tried that.

Also enabled the Nova setting right?

Posted via Android Central App

Nova setting? I'm using original HTC Sense launcher, not Nova Launcher.

Hmm, got root? There's a xposed framework module that adds "ok Google" to any app it's called "ok Google for 3rd party"

Posted via Android Central App