Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Has anyone found a fix for the G2 Windows MTP USB issue?

All over the web, there are people going crazy (myself included) trying to get their G2s to work with Windows via the MTP transfer protocol... I've seen various proposed solutions, none of which work. Personally I've resorted to using the Wireless storage transfer, which is pretty fast, but I'd still like to figure out the USB issue, for what it's worth. I've tried all of the LG United drivers (carrier specific and the LG generic)... I've tried installing them with the phone connected, without the phone connected... Some people suggested going into DRIVER -> UPDATE DRIVER -> BROWSE COMPUTER FOR SOFTWARE -> PICK A DRIVER FROM LIST... and trying to find a USB composite device, however I don't have a USB composite device option. I've tried every USB port on my laptop. I've tried every USB cable I have.
    LG blames Windows, Windows blames LG. Long and short of it, this is really not rocket science, and shame on both parties for not having a device that works with Windows. Seriously, I've spent hours trying to figure this out. I'm about 8 on a scale of 10 tech-wise and I'm ready to pull what remaining hair I have out lol. So if I've missed a fix, or suggestion, let me know. Thanks!