Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

155 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts

Default Anyone Encrypting their G2?

Our Exchange administrator recently implemented some extra security and we now need a PIN and the phone must be encrypted.
    After installing it, I noticed my G2 was freezing up either when I entered the PIN or while using the phone. It did not do this all the time.

I did reset the phone and I still noticed the problem but it did go away after I did a second factory reset.

I would presume it's normal to see your phone slowdown at times after you encrypt it?
    My colleague noticed some slowness too on his Nexus 5 but he's not 100% sure it's caused by the encryption/PIN.

Thanks for your comments.

Default Re: Anyone Encrypting their G2?

So many possible reasons for the slowdown. Software conflict maybe? It could even be a conflict between that security program and one of your 3rd party app which you have previously downloaded. So many things to look at here. Try deleting any 3rd party apps and see if speed improves. But like i said, so many factors to lok at. Goodluck!

Default Re: Anyone Encrypting their G2?

Get Touchdown for Exchange.
    It bypasses the policies because it encrypts the data in it's own sandbox.
    No need to encrypt the whole phone.