LG G2 Blinking Red LED

CarnCarnage

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Phone will not turn on, just replaced the battery and now the Red LED light blinks when I plug it in.
Obviously it's not getting a charge, but when I hold down the power button, it will blink for almost exactly 8 seconds and then stop blinking for a moment, and then resume blinking and repeat.

8 Blinks
Pause
8 Blinks
Pause
Repeat

After a while, it'll stop blinking all together, and then start blinking again.

This phone is not rooted, and I just replaced the screen on it before it went to ****.
After that, it turned on once, I rebooted it to put the SIM back in, and it wouldn't turn back on.
Replaced the Battery, and now it is showing some signs of life through the Blinking LED.

Is there anything that anyone knows that signifies the blinking LEDs?

I have a new USB Charging Port and Flex Cable assembly coming, and I'm hoping that will fix it, but if it doesn't, the only other part that I can think of is the motherboard, and I don't want to have to pay $100 to replace the mainboard... Maybe a bad antennae cable, or some sort of POST check that doesn't pass before the battery will initialize?

The phone is out of warranty, and I am not above replacing parts.

Any help is appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you replace the battery yourself, or did a repair shop do it? I'm not a DIY kind of guy, so I can't be sure, but maybe the battery wasn't connected properly. It's always possible that the battery was dead on arrival as well when you got it--were you able to test it out beforehand?

CarnCarnage

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Literally JUST fixed my problem.

Left it plugged in with the stock Cord/USB Charger for 4 hours, came home and it was 100% Charged screen.

But then, it wouldn't boot past the LG Screen.

I then reseated the battery, popped it back on the charger and now it's ON and working.

CarnCarnage

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
A little addition to this.
Battery drains incredibly fast, like 1% per minute.
And the phone dies at 70%.

I'm guessing crap battery was shipped to me... bought another one and just waiting for it.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Where did you get the battery from?

Given all you've done, sounds like you probably could have bought a brand new phone. 😢

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Arpit Dave

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue, the phone doesn't boot up. When I charge it,it shows red led. if i press power button it blinks for 8 times, stops, and repeats. I charged the battery overnight. but same issue. please suggest me any other solution if you have. :-X

ali tahir1

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
didnt work for me.and how did it charge for you.mine doesnt charge and blinks for a while(on charging)then lg logo appears then it stays for a while then red light again.if i press for a while the phone goes into recovery but shows 0 percent charging.what should i do

lpwave

May 25, 2015
Visit site
If your battery is low, this could happen.
When you put the battery into the external charger.
It went flashing and refused to charge.

If that happen, unplug the usb from the wall wart.
Find another bigger wall wart or usb power source that has a rating
of over 2A current. The charging could resume without flashing.

====
Without any proof, this is my blind guessing.
When the battery is low, it draws more current. So when the battery is
almost empty, if you plug in the wall wart through the usb cable. The current
was high causing the voltage to drop. When the little black toaster with an LED
detected the voltage is weak, it stops charging.

Oleg Yarema

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I bought lg g2 ls980 sprint 08.01.2016 року, and today I have the same issue, the phone doesn't boot up. When I charge it,it shows red led. if i press power button it blinks for 8 times, stops, and repeats. PHONE BOOT UP AFTER I A LITTLE HIT HIM IT DOES,T JOKE REAL, MAYBE PROCESSOR

Erikt95

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Phone will not turn on, just replaced the battery and now the Red LED light blinks when I plug it in.
Obviously it's not getting a charge, but when I hold down the power button, it will blink for almost exactly 8 seconds and then stop blinking for a moment, and then resume blinking and repeat.

8 Blinks
Pause
8 Blinks
Pause
Repeat

After a while, it'll stop blinking all together, and then start blinking again.

This phone is not rooted, and I just replaced the screen on it before it went to ****.
After that, it turned on once, I rebooted it to put the SIM back in, and it wouldn't turn back on.
Replaced the Battery, and now it is showing some signs of life through the Blinking LED.

Is there anything that anyone knows that signifies the blinking LEDs?

I have a new USB Charging Port and Flex Cable assembly coming, and I'm hoping that will fix it, but if it doesn't, the only other part that I can think of is the motherboard, and I don't want to have to pay $100 to replace the mainboard... Maybe a bad antennae cable, or some sort of POST check that doesn't pass before the battery will initialize?

The phone is out of warranty, and I am not above replacing parts.

Any help is appreciated!

When i replaced my screen, my phone did the same thing. I looked for hours and checked every thing many times and i found the problem, it was the metal joints from the two pcbs that connects to the motherboard that wasnt compleatly attached to the connector. Guess its a kind of ground connector 😜

Ali Panahi1

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I had the same issue and Erikt95 answer solved mine! Thank you Erikt95.

If you have 8 Red blinks when you change the screen the Solution is:
The two metal joints from two small boards (beside volume and power button) that connect to the motherboard they should be completely attached to the connector.

Vincenzo88

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
I had the same issue and Erikt95 answer solved mine! Thank you Erikt95.

If you have 8 Red blinks when you change the screen the Solution is:
The two metal joints from two small boards (beside volume and power button) that connect to the motherboard they should be completely attached to the connector.

I have this problem, its possible to picture please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz