G2 voice texting

brettt777

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I had a Galaxy S4 for a while and it had the voice text feature where at the touch of a button I could speak what I wanted to text and the thing would type it out correctly (usually) and I could send it. Very convenient. I don't see that function on my G2. Am I missing it or is it not there?

And what is up with the G2 display? It's beautiful and IMO better than the S4... until I get outside. Then I might as well turn it off. In any kind of direct sunlight, the display is completely unviewable and useless. I don't regret my decision to upgrade to the G2 instead of the S5... until I go outside. My co-worker has an S5 and she says it's completely visible even in direct sunlight. Why couldn't LG do something like that?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The G2, and every modern Android phone I've seen, has voice typing... Its a basic Google function and comes from the Google voice typing "keyboard" or an OEM equivalent. If for some reason it doesn't have it, you can get from the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 powered by Beanstalk ROM and Hellscore kernel

jlbattagli

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You can use Google Now for voice texting. If you haven't already, enable "Ok Google Detection" in Settings. Then when you say "OK Google", you can tell it "Text Joe Schmoe" when the microphone activates (if Joe Schmoe has more than one phone number listed in your contacts, Google will ask which number you want to text to). Speak your message, and Google will ask if you want to send it or cancel. I use it when I'm driving, and even in my noisy work truck it works pretty well.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Really.... Okay, what do you have your display set on as far brightness, autobright, etc?

I use lux for autobright, but even with the stock autobright it did fine in the sun. Stock I would set it around 30% with autobright checked. I prefer lux because stock it tended to fluctuate too much.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I had a Galaxy S4 for a while and it had the voice text feature where at the touch of a button I could speak what I wanted to text and the thing would type it out correctly (usually) and I could send it. Very convenient. I don't see that function on my G2. Am I missing it or is it not there??
The LG keyboard has a microphone next (left) to the spacebar...I just hit that, speak and send...is that what you are looking for?

Leothwyn

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
The LG keyboard has a microphone next (left) to the spacebar...I just hit that, speak and send...is that what you are looking for?

If you don't see the microphone button to the left of the spacebar (you might see a stylus instead) , hold your finger on that button until other options are shown, then pick the microphone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol