Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By c lee
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default screen is milky white

took the phone out of my pocket today and this is what I get when I turn it on. if I leave the screen on, the white part will slowly fade away. I have rebooted, rebooted into safe mode, and took the back off and reseated all the connectors. I have not done a factory reset.

I got this phone from a friend, the screen was cracked, I replaced it, it has been perfect up until today.

does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this. ?

thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen is milky white-41998.jpg   screen is milky white-41997.jpg  

Default Re: screen is milky white

Hello, can you tell me what model and software version you are using? Also, please provide the best contact number for me to reach you at.^MA

Global Posts
    22,237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by LGElectronics View Post
    Also, please provide the best contact number for me to reach you at.^MA
    Aside from what Golfdriver97 mentioned, it would be in the best interests for privacy of our members to not ask openly for a contact number from them. Possibly offer a 800 contact number for LG with a contact name or direct extension for them to contact you would be most appropriate.

Thank you.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by LGElectronics View Post
    Hello, can you tell me what model and software version you are using? Also, please provide the best contact number for me to reach you at.^MA
    LG G2, vs98024A,,,

did a factory reset today, didn't help.
    Also plugged in the old screen that I took out, it showed the same milky white pattern.

Would it not be best to keep what was tried and what did/ did not work here in the forum ( as opposed to me emailing or calling) so other users with the same problem can try the steps?

Thanks.

Golfdriver97 likes this.

We recommend contacting our service center at 800-793-8896 for repair options. ^DT

Quote Originally Posted by c lee View Post
    LG G2, vs98024A,,,

did a factory reset today, didn't help.
    Also plugged in the old screen that I took out, it showed the same milky white pattern.

Would it not be best to keep what was tried and what did/ did not work here in the forum ( as opposed to me emailing or calling) so other users with the same problem can try the steps?

Thanks.