Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default anyone have the new playstore

Does anyone have the 4.9 play store yet? Everyone else's phones seem to have it but me. I'm checking to see if any other G2 owners are also waiting

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: anyone have the new playstore

Still waiting here as well. Most of the other users here I know seem to have gotten it a couple of weeks ago
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Yep. Got it about a week and a half ago. Verizon G2.

You can try and force it. Open play store, slide the side menu and scroll down to settings. Open settings and scroll down to build. Tap it and see if it says up do date or if it will download the update.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ya I know about forcing it. It keeps saying it's up to date I'm on t-mobile g2

I thought I'd get a notification the Play Store app was updating... I was just about to reply "Nah, still waiting here in Australia too" and when I checked the App in Settings to see the exact version number -- it had jumped from 4.8.20 (I think it was) to 4.9.13. Opened the app and yep it does look different. I guess it's one of those updates that just pushes through.

It does look cleaner and more navigable but don't sweat it too much; it ain't that special. It will probably arrive when you least expect it!

I got it a while back...not a fan of the new look/layout.

Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Got it about 2 weeks ago, the Play Store does not notify you it is updating, it just does it... Personally, I like the new layout.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Still no new playstore for me. I'm not the only one am I? I'm on USA T-Mobile

Global Posts
    22,270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

You could sideload the new .apk file.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by supert1020 View Post
    Still no new playstore for me. I'm not the only one am I? I'm on USA T-Mobile

Don't worry. Nothing groundbreaking and it makes no difference in the operation of your phone.

My wife and I both have G2's, she got the update before I did. Compared them side by side and the difference is all cosmetic. Alas, I found the APK file and loaded it anyway.

David
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Just got the new play store. About time

Yay! It looks nicer and more navigable, doesn't it? But not worth chasing down. Goodness knows why it takes so long to roll out. I guess Google can't push it to every single Android device straight away -- you were simply unlucky to be nearer the bottom of the list than the top (which I figure is probably a random thing and next time you may be among the first to receive).