Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Google Now Launcher

Just switched to this launcher, but when i change the homescreen wallpaper, the image is always off-center to the left. Does anyone know about this? Thanks for any help.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

Global Posts
    1,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beanstalk with Hells-Core

Default Re: Google Now Launcher

It happens on all handsets with GEL/GNL due to the "home" screen being on the far left and additional screens bring to the right... This was a huge annoyance for me, one of several reasons why I stick with Nova.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    3,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    It happens on all handsets with GEL/GNL due to the "home" screen being on the far left and additional screens bring to the right... This was a huge annoyance for me, one of several reasons why I stick with Nova.
    O.K., i've got it working. Instead of changing the home screen with the phone's wallpaper settings, i did it with the launcher's settings. The wallpaper went in a little to the left, and then automatically clicked over to the right, which centered it. I'm using the Google Now launcher instead of KitKat's google launcher, because i want a feel for the pure android experience. Fingers crossed...The next phone is Nexus6.

Global Posts
    1,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beanstalk with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    O.K., i've got it working. Instead of changing the home screen with the phone's wallpaper settings, i did it with the launcher's settings. The wallpaper went in a little to the left, and then automatically clicked over to the right, which centered it. I'm using the Google Now launcher instead of KitKat's google launcher, because i want a feel for the pure android experience. Fingers crossed...The next phone is Nexus6.
    Glad you got it working the way you want... Hope the N6 works for you, I have the N4 and am about ready for a new device, I like everything I hear about the 6 except the screen size, if its 5.9" I'm sorry, I'm going Moto X+1... But that discussion is for another thread, glad you for it taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    What are you doing about knock off? Last I tried GNL, it didn't support it.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    3,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    What are you doing about knock off? Last I tried GNL, it didn't support it.

I tap the status bar twice, and the phone closes. I tap the closed phone twice, and the lock screen comes on.

Forgot about status bar tap. Thanks.