How to do a hard reset on an LG G2

Oluwadare Oyadiji

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I can do a soft reset by going to settings. I have tried doing a hard reset by turning the phone off and holding the bottom volume button down and the power button start it up but I have not been able to get to the factory reset page.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to roll back the device to Jellybean 4.2.2 from Kitkat 4.4.2. I have reset the phone but it does not go back to Jellybean.
This will not reset the phone back to JB, and a reset via the menus and stock recovery does the same thing. To go back to JB you will need to flash the stock TOT/KDZ images for your specific variant and desired software release.

Roxxygen

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a silly question, I'm new to Android, what does a hard reset do? Take u back to factory settings? And how do u hard reset?

Posted via Android Central App

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a silly question, I'm new to Android, what does a hard reset do? Take u back to factory settings? And how do u hard reset?

Posted via Android Central App
A "hard reset" to most users is holding down the power button for 10-20 seconds or so, equivalent to the same thing on a laptop or other PC, forcing it to reboot. This does not delete or modify any data on the phone, but files open when this occurs could be lost.

A factory data reset or factory default returns the device to "out of box" status, that can be done in a couple of ways, Golfdriver97's instruction link a few posts up talks about it.

Restoring or flashing factory images uses a PC and LG Flash software to re-image the entire phone with a factory original software image, often needed if the device becomes unbootable, corrupted, or you need to remove any traces of rooting or other modifications from the phone.

HaseebImran

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
A "hard reset" to most users is holding down the power button for 10-20 seconds or so, equivalent to the same thing on a laptop or other PC, forcing it to reboot. This does not delete or modify any data on the phone, but files open when this occurs could be lost.

A factory data reset or factory default returns the device to "out of box" status, that can be done in a couple of ways, Golfdriver97's instruction link a few posts up talks about it.

Restoring or flashing factory images uses a PC and LG Flash software to re-image the entire phone with a factory original software image, often needed if the device becomes unbootable, corrupted, or you need to remove any traces of rooting or other modifications from the phone.

Hi...
I just got a severe battery drain problem on my newly bought g2.Should i go for factory reset or reboot(hard reset)
Thanks for ur opinion!!