is my G2 battery performing well?

Enigma07

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had this amazing device for nearly 5 months of, and I was very astonished at the battery life during the first month of use. Lately, I've noticed the battery has acted not so good on certain days, and really awesome on certain days, on and off like this. So is this normal considering the GSAM stats? On this particular day, I would rate my use as very light since I was at Disneyland and barely on my phone at all. Is there anything I could do to ensure longer battery life or at least consistent battery life? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 37286.jpg
    37286.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 37288.jpg
    37288.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 24

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Has your cell signal been poor most of the day? You don't have any bars in that screenshot. Poor signal can drain the battery.

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had this amazing device for nearly 5 months of, and I was very astonished at the battery life during the first month of use. Lately, I've noticed the battery has acted not so good on certain days, and really awesome on certain days, on and off like this. So is this normal considering the GSAM stats? On this particular day, I would rate my use as very light since I was at Disneyland and barely on my phone at all. Is there anything I could do to ensure longer battery life or at least consistent battery life? Thanks!

Look at your "Held awake" time... 5.5 hours is kind of high for 16 hrs on... something isn't letting the phone deep sleep properly. Even saying that, it should last longer. In app suckered change the drop down to number of times waking device and time held awake and see what is keeping it from sleeping.

That being said, this is still poor performance for the battery... you may need to consider a replacement battery or could even have a defective device.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 using Tapatalk

Enigma07

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Here are those stats. Seems like today it was much better and I noticed I had an lg connection for most of the first 30% that drained.

Attachments

• 39165.jpg
    39165.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 39167.jpg
    39167.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 13
  • 39169.jpg
    39169.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 39171.jpg
    39171.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 39173.jpg
    39173.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 13

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not bad. You're on track for 4 hours of total screen-on time, which isn't great, but it's probably low-average for a G2. You had 16% time without signal, which means about an hour--that's not inconsequential. And Time without Signal only refers to when you have zero signal, not when you have really lousy signal (which also taxes the battery)--so I would guess poor signal is one of your main culprits.