On my LG G2 - Why can't I see my music and photos after an update?

Ferenc Vilagi

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
LG G2 - My music and photos can't see after update

I updated my phone, and after it (later, not at this moment, after a reboot) the Gallery can't see my photos, and the music player told that, no music on the phone. The files exists, but the application lost the connection to that.
Can anyone help me?

Thank you!
Feri

LG G2 Android 4.4.2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G2 - My music and photos can't see after update

Welcome to Android Central! Try this first--go to Settings>Apps>All, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again and see if its database repopulates.

Ferenc Vilagi

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi! Thank you your answer, but I tried it earlier. The problem is strange, because nothing changed on phone. It looks like, the Music and Gallery app can't recognize the files. If I check the files, by file manager, then I see the files and I can play the music file.
The unrecognized music library is a problem, because I can't set up my own ring, wake up and other signals.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Use your file manager to explore the folder that has your media. Make sure there isn't a ".nomedia" file present, which causes the Media Scanner to ignore that folder.

Ferenc Vilagi

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm sad, because no. The 'MUSIC' directory doesn't contains any files, except the mp3 files. It is very interesting. When I open the LG Music application, then it shows "No files" on every tabs (Music, Players, Albums, Lists, Types) except the Directories tab. It I see the directories what contains music files with number of files. But when open the directory, I have got the message "No file". It looks like, the Music player list part doesn't recognize the extensions, or something else.
It has a problem with the media handling, because I simultaneously experienced a malfunction the music and the photo functionality.
Any other idea?

Honty

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Did you manage to find a fix for this?

The very same thing has happened on my LG G2 today, with no warning or anything to explain what happened. With no warning, the Gallery, Music and Video apps showed no files on the phone, but on looking through the File Manager, all the files are there. It's as if the LG apps can't 'see' them on the phone. Annoying!

Estebans Kelly

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Had this problem myself just a few days ago don't know what triggered it where the music/photos became read only. After reading some other forums I connected my phone to my laptop like I was going to transfer files. Looked through the bottom of the folder and sure enough there was a ".nomedia" file that had a creation date a few days earlier also deleted a few other .nomedia files in other directories and problem resolved! I promptly deleted that file and all the files started to work again. I had to actually register so I could post this so ...ur welcome lol. Hope this helps.

Ferenc Vilagi

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have no solution. I'v got an answer an other forum. The solution is the save and factory reset. But, that the truth, I have no time to experiment.
If you think, try it.

Good luck!

mukesh jain mj

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I also seen problem but i have formate and reset factory setting but no solve also upgrade software at lg service center but after few hours the problem came pl advice

Ernest Hlink

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
Hello. I am not sure if this is the right topic for me, since I have similar problem, with my LG G2. The point is, sometimes, when I add .mp3 file to the phone, Music APP (default) can not see the .mp3 and not including it in any playlist. The file is there, I can see it in File Manager (default) and also play it through this App. But Can not see it in Music. Any ideas how to manually add .mp3 to Music app please? Thanks