LG g2 screen??

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G2 Screen Freeze (I'm starting to hate this phone)??

Something else that may be relevant is....

That it will always boot the LG logo so what ever is going wrong kicks in just after the LG logo :(

Even when the screen is completely dead i can get the lg logo up by holding the power button.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello abbbe. I just looked in here out of curiosity, from the G3 forum. I know nothing about the G2. But I don't suppose....I don't suppose.... it could be a battery problem, could it?

Posted via Android Central App

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Hello abbbe. I just looked in here out of curiosity, from the G3 forum. I know nothing about the G2. But I don't suppose....I don't suppose.... it could be a battery problem, could it?

Thanks for the reply (I thought I was in here on my own.....lol) ;)

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you're thinking of doing that yourself, it's risky even if you're competent at it....you can often read in the forums of owners who have replaced the screen correctly, but still have a non-working phone because the fault was not in fact with the screen....or if it was, there was also a fault elsewhere.
The advantage of putting your phone into the hands of repairers is that if the fault is simple, they'll find it and it won't cost too much, whereas if it's screen or something big, they'll replace it competently although in that case of course it would cost a lot.
It depends on how confident you are doing that sort of work yourself, but I suspect that it looks easier than it actually turns out to be.

A thought: have you perhaps got a duff SD card in the phone? A very long shot, admittedly.

DraskoMNE

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried to operate a phone in a recovery? That would be the first thing for me to do, in order to eliminate ROM issues as a possible cause. If screen works nice in recovery, than hardware is OK, and with software solution should be easy.

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried to operate a phone in a recovery? That would be the first thing for me to do, in order to eliminate ROM issues as a possible cause. If screen works nice in recovery, than hardware is OK, and with software solution should be easy.

Thanks for the reply ;)

Unfortunately I've never been able to get this phone into recovery even before I had these problems.
I've even tried using apps to reboot into recovery but all it ever does is boot to a blank screen.

Last edited:

Leo Yuan

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

I am having the same problem with my LG phone.
Screen frozen and I have to press power button to turn off the screen and then unlock screen again to get back.

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

I am having the same problem with my LG phone.
Screen frozen and I have to press power button to turn off the screen and then unlock screen again to get back.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87