Problems with Verizon LG G2 and it is driving me insane

apexpwner

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
So, this past week or two, my LG G2 has been deciding to act up. I have had this phone for exactly a year and if I have to deal with these problems untill my contract is up in ANOTHER year, I am going to go insane. For 11 months, my phone was flawless and I was very impressed by how consistent my phone was. Here are some extremely annoying things this phone is doing, that makes me want to rip my hair out:

1. Pull down notification bar. I use this thing a lot, as I adjust my data, brightness, look at media, games, etc quite a bit. But, the thing decides to lag as soon as I try to pull it down at times. When it lags, it doesn't let me pull the notification bar down and it just goes back up and it really pisses me off. It will sometimes do this 5 times in a row and then it finally lets me pull down the bar fully.

2. Touchscreen issues. I cleaned my screen and no, my hands are not greasy. This phone has serious precision issues with the touchscreen. At times, I will tap on an app or try to scroll on a page, but I get no response at all. When I am playing a game like clash of clans, it is so horrid. I try to zoom in and out and it is god awful. Extreme lag and when I clearly tap on something, it will bring up something that I clearly did not tap. And, I have never had an issue with this game before, untill my phone has decided to act crazy.

3. The phone will randomly freeze and I get zero respone. The whole system doesn't freeze but a browser, like Google chrome, will at times. I will try to do a search and then I try to click on a result. But, the phone decides to freeze up and it won't let me scroll, tap, or even use the home button. Then, I have to try to turn the screen off and sometimes my phone won't even let me do this. I get an extreme late respone. Like 5 or 10 seconds later, my phone will finally decided to turn off.

4. Issues with turning screen on and off. Sometimes, I try to turn my screen on and off with the back button and I decided to give up on it. The tap feature is now offically more consistent for me with my G2. Sometimes, the back button does not even work at all. Sometimes, I repeatly press it and then still nothing happens.

5. Headphone jack issues. Slightly moving this thing will cause it to disconnect and this is very irritating. You can't listen to music while working out, because it will disconnect and stop playing.

What should I do? Should I contact Verizon and try to get a replacement? Will it cost me any money to do so?

I know what my impressions of this phone have been. I am never getting another LG phone. My phone next year will be a Sony, HTC, or Sammy. And, if I have continued problems with any of these companies, I am ditching my loyality to android and going to Apple, as there phones do run very smoothly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What kinds of things have you tried to troubleshoot or solve the issues? Have you tried booting into Safe Mode, which prevents all 3rd party apps from starting? If the problems resolve in Safe Mode, then it's likely that some app you installed is causing the instability. Restart the Device in Safe Mode LG G2 | Verizon Wireless

It may be worth doing a factory reset, after backing up or syncing all of your data. If you factory reset, then after finishing the Setup Wizard, go immediately to Google Play Store and stop any automatic installations. Now install your apps one by one, and see if any problems crop up after each apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo