Why won't my LG G2 turn on at all?

amandaleena

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
My LG G2 won't turn on at all

Ok so my phone was fully charged this morning. 100%. I checked the messages/email on my phone and sent a few texts, then put my phone down. When I picked it up about 3 minutes later (I hadn't touched any buttons), I noticed the LG logo flash on the screen and then it turned off. I thought it was weird, as it had never happened before, but just thought that maybe it had to reboot itself for some reason. Then, when I tried to turn it back on the LG logo flashed once and then... nothing. It's like the phone is completely dead. I've held the power button down for between 5 seconds to about a minute. I've tried holding the power button and volume up key; still nothing. I plugged it into the original charger, nothing. No vibration, to LEDs, screen stays black. I've tried using the USB to plug it into my laptop. Nothing. For a moment a few hours ago, the LG logo came on and the screen turned blue. I left it for a while, and then tried the power button again, but after that even the LG logo wouldn't come up anymore.

I'm now letting the phone just sit here for a bit, untouched. I have no idea why. I guess I'm sort of hoping that it will just work itself out. Since this phone doesn't have a removable memory card, I'm just concerned about doing a factory reset because I REALLY don't want to lose all my photos (and please, before anyone says anything, NO I didn't back them up because I've never had a phone just DIE on me before :-\ ) My contacts are backed up, but not my photos, and right now, as much as I LOOOOVE this phone (it's probably the best phone I've ever used until this point), I don't know that I would ever want another phone without a removable memory card.

Extra info: My phone is now about 1 year old, but it honestly looks brand new. I'm very gentle on my phone, don't drop it etc, and it's in a really good case. It literally, just stopped working and I have no idea why or what to do. Please help. It would be so appreciated. Because right now I'm without a phone at all. :-\ Thank you in advance for your help.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: My LG G2 won't turn on at all

Ok so my phone was fully charged this morning. 100%. I checked the messages/email on my phone and sent a few texts, then put my phone down. When I picked it up about 3 minutes later (I hadn't touched any buttons), I noticed the LG logo flash on the screen and then it turned off. I thought it was weird, as it had never happened before, but just thought that maybe it had to reboot itself for some reason. Then, when I tried to turn it back on the LG logo flashed once and then... nothing. It's like the phone is completely dead. I've held the power button down for between 5 seconds to about a minute. I've tried holding the power button and volume up key; still nothing. I plugged it into the original charger, nothing. No vibration, to LEDs, screen stays black. I've tried using the USB to plug it into my laptop. Nothing. For a moment a few hours ago, the LG logo came on and the screen turned blue. I left it for a while, and then tried the power button again, but after that even the LG logo wouldn't come up anymore.

I'm now letting the phone just sit here for a bit, untouched. I have no idea why. I guess I'm sort of hoping that it will just work itself out. Since this phone doesn't have a removable memory card, I'm just concerned about doing a factory reset because I REALLY don't want to lose all my photos (and please, before anyone says anything, NO I didn't back them up because I've never had a phone just DIE on me before :-\ ) My contacts are backed up, but not my photos, and right now, as much as I LOOOOVE this phone (it's probably the best phone I've ever used until this point), I don't know that I would ever want another phone without a removable memory card.

Extra info: My phone is now about 1 year old, but it honestly looks brand new. I'm very gentle on my phone, don't drop it etc, and it's in a really good case. It literally, just stopped working and I have no idea why or what to do. Please help. It would be so appreciated. Because right now I'm without a phone at all. :-\ Thank you in advance for your help.

reset does not wipe internal storage is your phone rooted?

amandaleena

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

reset does not wipe internal storage is your phone rooted?

Thanks for the reply! As far as I know, my phone is unrooted? Sorry, but I'm not 100% sure of the difference between rooted and unrooted, other than it should be unrooted straight out of the box, right? I ordered it from T-Mobile just about a year ago and didn't make any changes to root it. So no. Sorry if that was a little confusing. I'm just trying to figure out what the problem might be, and someone said that doing a factory reset (pressing on the power key and volume down at the same time?) would wipe everything from my device, and that's what I am trying not to do because I have so much unsaved stuff on there.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply! As far as I know, my phone is unrooted? Sorry, but I'm not 100% sure of the difference between rooted and unrooted, other than it should be unrooted straight out of the box, right? I ordered it from T-Mobile just about a year ago and didn't make any changes to root it. So no. Sorry if that was a little confusing. I'm just trying to figure out what the problem might be, and someone said that doing a factory reset (pressing on the power key and volume down at the same time?) would wipe everything from my device, and that's what I am trying not to do because I have so much unsaved stuff on there.
No the phone is unrooted out of the box. But no holding down the buttons will just take you to recovery :)

Wysłane z mojego D6603 poprzez Tapatalk

amandaleena

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

No the phone is unrooted out of the box. But no holding down the buttons will just take you to recovery :)

Wysłane z mojego D6603 poprzez Tapatalk

But I have held down the buttons. I held down only the power key first. Then when that didn't work I tried holding down the power key and volume up key to do a soft reboot. Neither of those did anything at all. I tried plugging it in with the charger that came with it, plus I tried another charger in a different outlet altogether, and the device is still dead. I also tried plugging it into my laptop with a USB but it's not recognized even there unfortunately :(

edit: And I finally just figured that I may as well try the full recovery and see if at least the LG logo would come up again, so I held down both the power and the volume down key and still nothing. Just dead, dead, dead.

Last edited:

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

But I have held down the buttons. I held down only the power key first. Then when that didn't work I tried holding down the power key and volume up key to do a soft reboot. Neither of those did anything at all. I tried plugging it in with the charger that came with it, plus I tried another charger in a different outlet altogether, and the device is still dead. I also tried plugging it into my laptop with a USB but it's not recognized even there unfortunately :(

edit: And I finally just figured that I may as well try the full recovery and see if at least the LG logo would come up again, so I held down both the power and the volume down key and still nothing. Just dead, dead, dead.
Seems out of luck probaly a broken battery.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

Happened to my wife's G2 yesterday. Would not turn on, no lights came on when plugged in. Took it to local Verizon repair center and the tech said she "did everything" but the phone was dead.... and my warranty ended in December! Signed up for a new warranty and Verizon is sending a new phone.

However, when I got home, I pulled the sim card out and did a "simulated battery pull" by pressing and holding both the volume up button and power button together. Phone restarted and is working fine now.

Going to see if the phone Verizon sends is better or not. Wife will probably keep the one she has.

David

orlando ibanez

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

Thanks so much that worked for mine too. I just held on button and up button. It said firmware update then. I pressed on button again for a second and it rebooted and seems to be working fine. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon