How do I check if there is a system update if I don't have a system update option on my LG G2 LS980?

A

AC Question

No System Update Option in Settings LG G2 LS980

Hi. There is no System Update option available in the settings page. How can i check if android update is available or not for my phone. Please help.
Specs:
LG LS980
Android 4.4.2
Kernal Version 3.4.0
Software Version LS980ZVD
Build Version KOT49l.LS980ZVD

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: No System Update Option in Settings LG G2 LS980

Welcome to Android Central! You don't see anything in Settings>System Updates? LG Help: Product Support and Troubleshooting | LG USA Did you buy your phone brand new from the carrier, or did you get it used or from an independent seller? If someone rooted the phone and installed a custom ROM, that might have removed the System Updates option.

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
B. Diddy. There is nothing like Software Update option in setting anywhere. I bought it from independent seller. I also check it was not rooted and it is on stock. But I can do it again if you suggest the steps of checking the Rom or Root.
iOSPro97. We don't have but we will...

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

It seems there are different ways to check the system updates in a G2.

One is going to Menu - all settings - general - about phone - system updates. Other one is tapping on the software version.

SYED HARIS HUSSAIN

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi , i get an update on my lg g2 Ls980 and during installation it show an error "i" for a sec and than mobile restart with same software . Anyone knows how to fix it and i am sure it is android 5.0.2 update . Please help me

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

For anyone trying to update this device (LG G2 LS980) the latest software version as of this writing is LS980ZVH. Remember that this is a Sprint model, so if you unlocked it and are using it elsewhere the update may not be received by your device since it’s not connected to the Sprint Network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo