OMG!! My first Android is a G2 and I am floored!!! Just 1 question

MutantMike

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have been an Apple guy for 7 years and decided to take the plunge on a G2 and I cannot put this thing down, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One question. I tether at home for all my PC's/tablets/laptops and have not issues but for some reason cannot get the Hot Spot switch on the G2 to stay on

I was connected this morning for 4 hours, turned the laptop off and went to shovel some of my 10" of snow, come back in, fire up the laptop and I cannot connect. Checked and the hot spot switch is now off on the phone.

Anyone know what I can do to keep it on?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It probably turns off if it's not used for a specific amount of time (and that's probably somewhat determined by the carrier, since it's using their bandwidth). You might find a "keep alive" app somewhere (we had to do that back in dial-up days), but your carrier might complain about null packets being sent every 30 seconds.

Raithlin

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Check the hotspot settings. I seem to remember a setting that handles that. Of course, I could be wrong. It has been a while since ai last looked at my G2 hotspot settings.

Enjoy the phone! It really is a stunning device, even now.

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah if u are inactive for a while it shuts off to avoid any undue charge on your data and for other users to use bandwidth when needed.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk