On my VZW LG G2, why am I unable to resume the Lollipop download?

A

AC Question

VZW LG G2 - Cannot resume Lollipop Download

I just started to download the lollipop update and I lost connection to my wifi. It never gave me the option to continue/restart the download. I went into settings and every time i select system update, settings has 'stopped' and crashes. I restarted my phone several times and it still will now download. I also tried plugging the phone up to my computer and i cannot run the VZW assistant upgrade manager. Help please!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: VZW LG G2 - Cannot resume Lollipop Download

Welcome to Android Central! Try bringing the phone to a Verizon store and see if they can help there. If it were any other phone, I'd suggest wiping the system cache partition, but the G2 doesn't allow this.

Neera42

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Just seeing this post now and you've probably already figured it out, but I had the same problem.
My solution was to open "settings" via Google Now voice command instead of through the regular menu. It won't crash that way and you can resume your upgrade.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

If that doesn't work you may have to do a factory reset. I had lost connection mid download, and while I did get the option to resume download, it never would. After I did a factory reset it went smoothly.

Jonathan Ruppert

May 7, 2015
Visit site

Just seeing this post now and you've probably already figured it out, but I had the same problem.
My solution was to open "settings" via Google Now voice command instead of through the regular menu. It won't crash that way and you can resume your upgrade.

This worked fantastically to get me into system updates menu, which is an improvement since I couldn't a while ago, however the update for lollipop gets to roughly 51 percent and then freezes. My phone remains operational but the update won't continue past 51%. Anyone got an idea why that'll happen? I left my phone updating throughout the night and it didn't budge a single percent. Would rather not have to bring it into a store i never have time in a day to do so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon