Screwed up my phone, phantom touches after changing settings...

fedekz

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
So I just picked up a LG G2 to use on the AT&T Network. I had a G2 last year on sprint, so I'm familiar with the phone in general. The knock on wasn't too responsive on my new G2 - much worse than the spring G2 I had in the past. So I attempted to do some of the touch firmware updates through the hidden 3845#*800# --> Settings --> update touchscreen firmware, but I also somehow got on the device test --> individual item ---> touch draw test - manual and automatic...

I couldn't figure out how to exit the tests, so I just drew the lines as indicated by the prompt, then it said "fail" at the end (my line drawing wasn't perfect), and I restarted my phone.

Before, I only had a difficult time knocking on the screen to turn on the display, now I have phantom swipes and it keeps opening apps and being very erratic...

any idea of what I might be able to do to fix this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If this is a new device and you haven't really configured to your liking, I suggest you just do a factory reset. That should bring it back to 'normal'. And if it doesn't, then it might be a faulty touchscreen, in which case you should return it and get a warranty exchange.

fedekz

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
If this is a new device and you haven't really configured to your liking, I suggest you just do a factory reset. That should bring it back to 'normal'. And if it doesn't, then it might be a faulty touchscreen, in which case you should return it and get a warranty exchange.

It's a used G2 I bought off of a guy. I used it all today and it had no issues at all other than the fact the knock on wasn't all that responsive. So I tried to research some fixes for it, and came across the dial sequence for the hidden menu. When I did the touch draw test, afterwards everything went to hell. So it was working before fine.

I have another LG g2 right here that works fine if you think it's a hardware issue with the screen... I can probably swap them out.

I've also done the factory reset about 3-4 times, and just flashed a new rom and no improvement :(

Last edited: