the right phone for me?

adjohnson1990

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting ready to upgrade. Im a prepaid user and will be buying a at&t phone for use with cricket. I think I've settled on the g2 based on a few things:

Good price ($230 unlocked and brand new)
quick and responsive
good screen
good battery
runs most recent IS

Im coming from a galaxy s3 so I'm sure it will be a massive upgrade but I just like to hear from others before I take the plunge on a me gadget.

I do things like social media apps,internet browsing, and playing simply games nothing to intense, editing school work on the go, and lots of picture taking of my kiddo

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My mom got the Nokia lumia 1320. Big beautiful screen, better in sunlight than my note3, AMAZING battery life, very good camera. In your price range. Only thing is, what they call, the app gap. It's a windows 8.1 phone, not as many apps as android, but all the main things like social media. Did I mention a BIG beautiful 6" screen...lol.
Just thought i would mention it.

Ruben_915

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The G2 has a really good camera even though it is a little older, the software running it is awesome. I user mine similar to your use and haven't had any problems, no lag, no "stuttery" app launches. The Wi-Fi has a really good range, better than any other android I've used. (Compared to multiple Galaxys, Moto X 2014, and a Nexus 5) I bought this new for about the same price on Amazon. I was tired of the horrible battery life on my Nexus 5, this blows it out the water. And with the update to Lollipop, it runs even smoother. The buttons on the back do take some getting used to, but it's a much better lay out when you get used to it. Double tap to unlock makes it usable when on a mount or dock. Go for it you won't be disappointed, I definitely wasn't.

Posted via the Android Central App

adjohnson1990

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all! I'm definitely not a power user just want something that will run well and keep me happy for a couple of years. I'm truly pretty happy with my galaxy s3 but have got to get away from the spring network.

DTonesXD

May 4, 2015
Visit site
i have had it and hated it
plastic, feels cheap imo
the camera isn't actually that good, especially in the dark because it smears lights a lot in comparison to my friend's S4
the back button really is quite gimmicky really
the double tap doesn't really work
the vibration isn't great either, very weak
ringtones and notifications are stupid (though you can change them, but still)
the actually software itself looks very similar to samsung's. Not much originality.