LG G2 Camera sucks, how can I stop it from getting so bright?

A

AC Question

LG g2 Camera sucks

when i take a photo of something bright, it starts to get even brighter and eventually half of my photo is covered in white, why is this happening? also, photo quality isn't great

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. :)

No plastic protector over the lens? No possibility of condensation having got inside the lens?

I believe that the camera on the G2 was rated highly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cristi17

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG g2 Camera sucks

Hi, thanks for the greeting.
I checked if there's a protector over the lens, but there isn't any, I also polished it , no succes thought, it has a lot of scratches and somehow it's tinted ( it's a second hand phone).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Scratches may be the culprit. It may be possible to fit a new front glass; or if the scratches are only on the coating, to polish them - and the coating - off with a soft cloth and metal polish; or to fit a protective lens cover, the adhesive on the back of which may just fill in the scratches.
Don't do anything just on my say-so....proceed with caution. :)

Cristi17

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

I tried with tooth paste, many have said that it could really improve the quality, done that 2 times... Could it be a faulty camera?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

I think not, but I'll ask some friends for their opinion.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Try using Camera FV-5 Lite. It gives you a lot more control over what the camera does. You might be able to arrive at a lower ISO, faster shutter combination that gets better dynamic range. (Or it could be a defective camera module.)

Cristi17

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I ve tried everything you said guys, i must say that in low light conditions my pictures look like 1 megapixel...I guess the camera is gone, or could i take off the lens? It's so tinted

Attachments

• received_890188934402240.jpeg
    received_890188934402240.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: