How can I fix my LG G2?

Minchan Han

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
lg g2 broken?

So about 2-3 weeks ago I went into software information and I was spamming the android version to get the cool android jelly bean thing right? And then I went back and for some reason just started spamming the other buttons there including the build number, (without knowing then that it was the button to turn on developer option.) Anyway I didn't notice anything different but my friend said that I rooted my phone? Do I still have my warranty? When I go to dropbox it says I have a folder named "root." But I don't think that rooting my phone would be this easy. Anyways a few days ago there was a software update, a small one, and I did it properly, and it was fine, when yesterday my phone while I was on snapchat just froze and then turned off and wouldn't turn on again for like 10 minutes. Now it just randomly turns off, 5 times today so far. If it's the phone messing up, can I still return it? Please help, thanks.9

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Rooting the phone usually voids the warranty, but enabling Developer Options, accidentally or intentionally, does not.
If you are using an SD card, try unmounting and removing it....it may be causing the trouble that you describe.
It may also be worth trying Safe Mode, to test whether a third-party app is causing trouble.
Check also in Settings, Accessibility, Device Administrators, and make sure that all is normal in there.
A Cache Partition wipe, if your device allows you to do that, may be helpful.

If still no go, let us know.

Posted via the Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lg g2 skitzing out

You can't root your phone from developer options. Try doing a factory reset and see if it fixes the problem.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Minchan Han

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

I wouldn't get the notification because it is anonymous but I went back and checked and the answer isn't there. Could you please repeat it?

Minchan Han

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

You posted this question many hours ago, and I answered it many hours ago. Check your original thread.

Posted via the Android Central App
I wouldn't get the notification but I went way back and checked and it wasn't there.. Could you please repeat it here?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Lg g2 skitzing out

I wouldn't get the notification but I went way back and checked and it wasn't there.. Could you please repeat it here?

It may have failed to send, in which case I apologise. I said essentially the same as SactoKingsFan; enabling Developer Options, intentionally or unintentionally, will not void your warranty. With most phones, rooting will do so, but you cannot have rooted your phone in that way, as SactoKingsFan says.
A faulty SD card may cause the problem you are experiencing, and also a failing battery. I agree that a Factory Reset may fix the problem, if you are prepared to go to that much inconvenience. Let us know if you wish to try that....we have guides that you may find helpful.
Welcome as a new member. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Minchan Han

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

It may have failed to send, in which case I apologise. I said essentially the same as SactoKingsFan; enabling Developer Options, intentionally or unintentionally, will not void your warranty. With most phones, rooting will do so, but you cannot have rooted your phone in that way, as SactoKingsFan says.
A faulty SD card may cause the problem you are experiencing, and also a failing battery. I agree that a Factory Reset may fix the problem, if you are prepared to go to that much inconvenience. Let us know if you wish to try that....we have guides that you may find helpful.
Welcome as a new member. :)

Thanks a lot. Someone suggested to me a cache partition as I have had my phone for a long time and wish to not do a factory reset, would this help solve the problem? Also when my phone restarts, the battery drops low by like 5 percent when it comes back to life.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

A cache partition wipe would indeed be a preferable first attempt before Factory Resetting, since it's normally easily done and causes no loss of personal data, but unfortunately it cannot be done on LG devices, or at least on some of them. The recommendation by LG is instead to go to Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and clear the cache. You might as well try that, although I doubt that it will fix the problem.
Your last point about the battery behaviour suggests to me that the battery may need replacing.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I would highly suggest backing everything up and resetting the device. Clearing the cache from settings>storage will get some caches, but I don't think that touches system cache files.

Minchan Han

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

A cache partition wipe would indeed be a preferable first attempt before Factory Resetting, since it's normally easily done and causes no loss of personal data, but unfortunately it cannot be done on LG devices, or at least on some of them. The recommendation by LG is instead to go to Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and clear the cache. You might as well try that, although I doubt that it will fix the problem.
Your last point about the battery behaviour suggests to me that the battery may need replacing.

well since the g2 doesn't have a removable back, I don't think I can replace the battery.. Do I just have to deal with it until my contract runs out?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: lg g2 broken?

The back is removable to the best of my knowledge, and the battery fairly easy to replace. No doubt there are guides online, and on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech