Is my LG G2 screen's slow/non-responsiveness software or hardware?

A

AC Question

The screen of my LG G2 has grown incredibly dull over the past four days. I have to exert extra pressure with my finger to drag updates down from the top of the screen, I have to tap on apps multiple times to access them (and sometimes just hold my finger there but sometimes that opens up an app next to the one I want) and the keyboard is nearly worthless. I can no longer drag my finger over it to text and some keys just don't respond anymore. There's also a small spot of light slightly brighter than the rest of the display. It's subtle but it's there. I'd really like to know if anyone has a diagnosis and if the problem is hardware, software or a mix of both?

It's a VS980 4G LTE. It had an update just last week. The screen has been cracked twice. A case was put on but it pressed too hard and made the screen over sensitive so I took it off. Stupid me. I dropped it on its back last week. Uses Lollipop.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome.

A remote diagnosis is difficult. The digitiser could be failing, or there could be other damage or failure, caused by the impacts perhaps.

Posted via the Android Central App