Screen immediately locks after unlocking in the dark, won't wake up during phone calls.

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I think the proximity sensor is faulty. I had this problem ages ago and managed to fix it by recalibrating the sensor in the hidden service menu. I'm trying to do it again but can't figure out how. That's what I want advice with.

In the hidden menu, I select device test > service menu - auto test. I get a blue screen where it tests a few things and they pass, so I press the "pass" button. Then it takes me to a proximity and light sensor test, and I can't seem to progress from there. It says in a red box "proximity cal fail: "number corresponding to how close hand is to sensor"", when I block the sensor it just says "proximity Cal fail". But gives no indication that the test is over. Does anyone know how to calibrate the proximity sensor?

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with this problem; I just entered the service menu again and it seems to have fixed itself. So try what I said in the post. You have to dial a code to get to the hidden menu, for me it's 3845#*802#.

I checked it's working by selecting HW device test > ACL proximity test. It knows when my hand is near or far now, before it always said "near".