Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Earpiece Buss or Crackle

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I hear it and it drives me crazy

1 50.00%
  • No - I hear peace and quite

1 50.00%
  • Yes - I hear it but don't care

0 0%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Loudspeaker Crackling / Buzzing

LG G3 - Earpiece Noise
    Last edited by Matto2007; 07-29-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Default Re: Loudspeaker Crackling / Buzzing

Sounds like a blown speaker. No fix except to get a replacement

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Re: Loudspeaker Crackling / Buzzing

What ^ said. I haven't had that problem, and my 4yr old thinks my DNA makes a great boombox during her shower or baths.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Earpiece Buzz or Crackle

If you hear noises in the earpiece read on if not maybe you don't want to because I hate to influence anyone or put evil noises in your head

Just got a new Verizon LG G3 along with my friend. I have noticed that my earpiece is make a buzzing / crackle noise while in a call. I tested my friends but his does not seem to do it but was just wondering if anyone else had those issues. It seems very faint almost like an electrical buzz or like a tiny bug in the earpiece. It doesn't do it constant just intermittent during the calls but I do notice it more when my cell coverage (bars) are lower but like I said my friends doesn't do it. Guess I will head to the store and see if they will switch it out.. Will update if it's still an issue with a new one.

Note: I am a little crazy about weird noises so once I hear them I can't for the life of me tune them out..
    Last edited by Matto2007; 07-23-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Default Re: Earpiece Buzz or Crackle

I have the crackling as well. It sounds like white noise on a radio. Very faint, but annoying nonetheless.

Ummm, if you're keeping track, I'm with Verizon and there's no noise here.
    Proud owner of: LG G2 & G3, + Nexus 7 & 10
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, SG3, M8

I've got the same issue, at first I thought it was my skin/hair rubbing against the speaker or something, but it is def coming from the speaker.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well I guess I am just sensitive to noises but I did get them to exchange the unit and the new one does it as well. I tried my friends again and his seems to do it but not as bad. My problem is once I tune into something like this I can’t for the life of me not hear it so I very well may return it within the 15 days if I can't get used to the noise. It's really bad if you’re on the phone in a quite environment. It is very faint and my friend thinks I am crazy but it's there. I thought it may have influenced by cell strength but I have ruled that out.

I'm having the same problem. I had my device replaced today at the Verizon store and the replacement is actually worse. You can hear it with the phone away from your ear. I'll be heading back over there after work.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

It did when plugged in. Sound like interference. If you're plugged in unplug and you won't hear. Another defect I found. I've already returned mine. Took many cons for me to keep over pro

Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Well I am going to try one more unit and if it's on the new one coming from corporate I guess I'm done (Strike 3). I have had a few different people listen and they can hear it but I think my co-workers think I am going crazy. I really love the phone other than that I am upgrading from a Droid DNA so the size is taking some getting used to.

I have tried toggling "Voice enhancement" on and off - No luck
    Tried toggling "Hearing aids" - No Luck
    Tried switching "Network type" - No Luck
    Tried different areas with weaker and stronger cell coverage - Mild Luck it does seem to be worst with crapper signal

It doesn't do it over Bluetooth or the rear speaker so I think it has to do with the earpiece speaker but who knows.

FYI: it is doing it on battery power not plugged in.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Well corporate told me that they only offer one worry free exchange whatever that is and that they will not exchange this unit for a new one. They told me I could get a like new / refurbished one but that's bullsh*t it's a new phone why would I exchange it for a used one its only a week old. I guess I will go back to the store and see if they can do anything otherwise I guess it's back to the DNA and await a newer phone later this year. It's a shame really I love the phone I just can't get past the buzzing during phone calls.

i have same issue and thinking to give up.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

In my reading it seems like LG had this problem with the Nexus 4 although I don't know if that was resolved. I do know that my wife's Nexus 4 does it and sure enough it's even louder than my LG G3. My first one that I switched out was a lot noisier than the current one I have but it’s still there.
    Others seemed to have the issue 2 years ago as you can see.
    Earpiece buzz not unique to the Nexus 4, but it's there [buzz] | Android Central

My unit will make the noises while the phone screen is off you don't even need to be in a call. When you power on the screen it seems to go away a little or lesser the amount of noise. This leads me to believe it's a power related / interference problem that bleeds into the audio output on the ear speaker alone. The rear speaker does not get affected as I think it’s far enough away from the business end of the phone.
    I wonder how many people have it and just don’t know or care. Unfortunately for me now that I have tuned into it I can’t shake it I hear it every time I am on a phone call. Call me crazy because I have had a few people listen for it and 8 out of 10 people I have asked can’t hear it so maybe were just highly sensitive people as my wife calls me..

Anyway my co-worker who also got the LG G3 said he is willing to switch devices with me so I may take him up on it because from my experimenting with his does not make the noise and he can’t hear it on mine.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Default Earpiece Buzz or Crackle

Warning:: If you hear something in your earpiece read on if not maybe ignorance is bless..

Wonder how many of you hear the earpiece buzz or crackle on your LG G3.

Test method: Listen to your earpiece in a quite environment while the screen is off you don't need to be on a active phone call.

Symptom: Electrical popping / buzz / crackle that seems to be an interference issue that radiates to the ear speaker and not the loudspeaker on the back of the unit.

Note: Mods if you want to merge this with my other thread please do as I could not figure it out sorry.. And apparently I can't spell I need to switch quite on the poll to "quiet"