LG G3, because LG wants hype too!

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
So, just to make things extra special, now LG G3 rumors are flying around too. possible 5.5 inch QHD screen, fingerprint reader, and an outside chance of it using lG's Odin processor. Unless of course it uses a Snapdragon like every other cellular device in the US.

I'm wondering if they'll bring back the SD slot to better compete with Samsung, and if it'll stay buttonless or go with the combo notification/home button from the Optimus G Pro. Buttonless would make more sense with a 5.5 inch screen, since Samsung's going 5.25 inch, and likely WILL include buttons. They'd end up very close in size.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I think the 5.2 inch G2 is the perfect size. It's nice and big, but can still be used like a normal phone. Increasing the size to 5.5 would basically make it a phablet, which I've found to be somewhat awkward when making calls and placing in pockets. The G3 will most likely have a slightly larger screen with an even slimmer bezel.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Part of me wishes they'd bring back the combo home button LED, maybe integrate it into the LG logo at the bottom or something, that was a nice feature.

On the other hand, knock rocks.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I hope for a similar overall size as the G2. I'd like to see the back buttons stay as well.

Really in not sure how they'll improve from the G2. It's already rocking a Snapdragon 800 Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400 13mp camera and a great battery. The display is to notch as well. So where do the improve?

Maybe use the 16mp camera, the Snapdragon 805 and the 8 core they're referring to. Maybe better sound quality out of it?

Not sure but I know I'm curious lol

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I know LG wants to start using their own ARM CPU, same as Samsung does everywhere but the US.

I'd like to see an SD slot added, that's one thing the G2 is missing.

ryanmtech

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I know LG wants to start using their own ARM CPU, same as Samsung does everywhere but the US.

I'd like to see an SD slot added, that's one thing the G2 is missing.

Yea i heard about them maybe moving to use that ARM CPU as well.

And as for the SD card slot, i don't think we will be seeing these anymore at all (with the exception of Samsung maybe)
It's just becoming outdated unreliable technology, as sad as it is to say.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea i heard about them maybe moving to use that ARM CPU as well.

And as for the SD card slot, i don't think we will be seeing these anymore at all (with the exception of Samsung maybe)
It's just becoming outdated unreliable technology, as sad as it is to say.

Couldn't agree more. I've never had a phone with an SD slot that didn't end up having a problem. After all this time it's still an unreliable tech for a device that gets handled/bumped/dropped/ and otherwise banged around as most smart phones do. I did like having it, but was always extremely upset when the card got corrupted or was otherwise unreadable.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. I've never had a phone with an SD slot that didn't end up having a problem. After all this time it's still an unreliable tech for a device that gets handled/bumped/dropped/ and otherwise banged around as most smart phones do. I did like having it, but was always extremely upset when the card got corrupted or was otherwise unreadable.

Most of those SD problems can be traced to cheap/fake or just plain bad Micro SDs and User Error.. Both of those can be solved.

Buy a quality SD card, format and use it correctly..Should solved most if not all sd problems.. I had my issues with SD cards too. Nbut now I followed those two steps I mentioned, and for my tablet and phone, both sporting 64gb sd cards, filled with movies, movies and pictures, works flawlessly..

In summary, I think the SD card is a major plus, that is until the phone makers start giving us 128, and 256+gb phones.. :D

Just my two cents...
:D

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't think any company likes to "bring back" anything they have kicked to the curb. SD slot and buttons are gone and eventually replaceable batteries will join them. Anything over the 5.2 screen size will come under "niche market" for LG so I don't expect that to change unless they are planning on making the G3 part of that niche market. Interesting to speculate and then in a year come back to see just how much of it really happened and how much was way off base.

cbb77

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

Most of those SD problems can be traced to cheap/fake or just plain bad Micro SDs and User Error.. Both of those can be solved.

Buy a quality SD card, format and use it correctly..Should solved most if not all sd problems.. I had my issues with SD cards too. Nbut now I followed those two steps I mentioned, and for my tablet and phone, both sporting 64gb sd cards, filled with movies, movies and pictures, works flawlessly..

In summary, I think the SD card is a major plus, that is until the phone makers start giving us 128, and 256+gb phones.. :D

Just my two cents...

I agree. Can't tell you how many folks ask about SD cards from ebay and if they are any good. I do not understand why folks don't just buy from respected retailer or online store. Ebay is not a great place to buy SD cards and most are fake, thus leading to the issues mentioned.

I personally will not buy a phone without an SD card. I unfortunately am not one of those individuals that are grandfathered in and have unlimited data. Thus I do not stream my music or videos. I do however load up the SD card in my S4 with tons of music. A 64GB card holds almost all the albums I like to listen to along with a few good backups. Until we truly get 32GB and 64GB phones (without have of it being taken up by OS and apps) then to me, a SD card slot is a must.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

Just my two cents...

Eh I see a lot of decent sd cards go bad where I work. Especially with Samsung phones and SanDisk cards

Posted via Android Central App

ryanmtech

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Eh I see a lot of decent sd cards go bad where I work. Especially with Samsung phones and SanDisk cards

Posted via Android Central App

Same. Here. In fact we keep SD card reader parts in stock to replace when they go out because its fairly typical. And i see that corrupt SD notification all the time. Nothing worse then knowing your data is right there and you can't access it and the only way to fix it is format it.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Curious how much better this will be over the G2. I have an LG OG now and would love the better camera in the G2. Plus it's only $17/mo on AT&T NEXT right now versus the possible $25+ /mo they will charge for the G3 when it comes out.

Decisions decisions...

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
a coworker of mine just go the G2 for free through Verizon, so being the phone ***** I am, I asked him if I check it out, I was quite honestly blown away! I have an S4 and I loved that its basically the same size but with a larger screen, I like the menu layout as well, but I need a micro sd card, hopefully they bring it back on the G3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress