Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: LG G3 to leave dust to competition?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
    It will likely be the same size as the S5...LG as they have shown with the G2 they are able to make a very nice form factor even given the massive screen. Granted I do think any larger of a phone than the G2 is too much and is exactly why I wont look at the S5.
    And that's my worry. The G2 does feel good in hand, but I got a deal on the moto x so I went for it. I'll reserve judgement on it till I hold it, but 5.5 seems very large.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,413 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    Just so you all know, the HTC one did not have an SD card slot but the new HTC one is supposed to have an SD slot, so you never know. The g3 may end up with an SD slot. We may end up seeing internal memory at 64gb and 128gb with these new soc's. Samsung has started mass producing 128gb of memory.
    32GB is enough internal storage. SD Card is necessary because I like for my Documents, Music, Videos, Camera Output, etc. to be on a removable storage device in case the phone hits the crapper. I don't want it taking everything with it and I just don't want my phone uploading a ton of stuff to Cloud Storage all the time, Lol.

I'm more than satisfied with 32GB Internal + a Class 10 Ultra 16GB SD Card. But, I need the SD Card slot to utilize the SD card.

I wonder if they will revamp their UI again. It's still not all that great. I'm hoping for off-screen buttons, Lol. LG's on-screen buttons don't look so attractive :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Capodice View Post
    And that's my worry. The G2 does feel good in hand, but I got a deal on the moto x so I went for it. I'll reserve judgement on it till I hold it, but 5.5 seems very large.
    I tend to agree, anything bigger than the G2 or S4, N5 to me is just to large. If I wanted a phone bigger than those I would look at the Note.

Is the G3 confirmed to be 5.5in?

Global Posts
    6,437 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I think with the G3 we're prolly just looking at a smaller G Pro2. I can't imagine too many other differences.

via the tablet
    Live long and prosper.

That's why I use a meenova adaptor and a 64 GB micro sdcard. I am hoping for an SD slot also but not stressed about it as I used to be. Plus it comes with a USB adapter to plug it into my laptop or TV.
    Meenova.com, Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I think with the G3 we're prolly just looking at a smaller G Pro2. I can't imagine too many other differences.

According to some rumors the g3 will have a 5.5" 2k screen, 801, "805 dependant on release date" or an octacore processor, finger print scanner, 16mp ois camera. All of which are higher specs to the g pro 2. I am sure I have missed other rumors.
    To me the g pro 2 is just an enlarged g2 with enhanced software and 1 GB more ram. Oh yea an SD card slot. The g3 will definitely be an upgrade to the g2 and g pro 2.

via the tablet

Global Posts
    6,437 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I don't think the G3 will hit 5.5" as that's phablet territory already handled by the G Pro 2.

via the phone
    Live long and prosper.

I don't think the G3 will hit 5.5" as that's phablet territory already handled by the G Pro 2.

via the phone
    Agreed to me that size just doesn't make sense, I do think we will see a slightly larger screen than the G2 and likely 2K resolution. As well I do not think they will release it prior to the 805 being available as it just does not make sense considering the G2 is still more than competent.

They need to just keep it 5.2
    Haalcyon likes this.

Global Posts
    6,437 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    I've gotten so used to my 5s' that even 5.2 seems quite large.

via the phone
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    As long as the phone size itself doesn't grow, I don't think it matters that much but I fear they will increase the overall phone dimensions which are already at the max as far as my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOODANT215 View Post
    Will the g3 be better overall then the new htc one or iPhone 6..why everyone always comparing they phones to Samsung..ppl love to pick at Samsung when clearly it's other phones that's equal or better o compare to

Posted via Android Central App
    Well I would hope a phone launching 6 months later would be better. And other than the slight boost the s805 may bring and if it includes 3gb of ram, other than that there isn't really anything to "leave the competition in the dust" with current tech that is out there and with the point we are at now where the specs can easily handle and make the devices run smoothly. I hope they go back to the old button placement rather than rear buttons for the g3.

Global Posts
    6,437 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default LG G3 to leave dust to competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Well I would hope a phone launching 6 months later would be better. And other than the slight boost the s805 may bring and if it includes 3gb of ram, other than that there isn't really anything to "leave the competition in the dust" with current tech that is out there and with the point we are at now where the specs can easily handle and make the devices run smoothly. I hope they go back to the old button placement rather than rear buttons for the g3.
    Not gonna happen. LG has fully committed to the rear button layout. Look at the Flex and the G Pro 2. It's unlikely they'll backtrack with the G3.

via the tablet
    Last edited by Haalcyon; 03-26-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    Live long and prosper.

Not gonna happen. LG has fully committed to the rear bitten layout. Look at the Flex and the G Pro 2. It's unlikely they'll backtrack with the G3.

via the tablet
    Oh I know, just maybe this time around can make the buttons a little larger and easier to use. Wireless charging is nice, but smaller buttons are not.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12