LG G3 to leave dust to competition?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I really want to see what the G3 will look like. If the rumors are true, the G3 should be beastly. I want to see what the new HTC One is going to bring as well. I have an upgrade next month so I've been looking at every phone rumored to be released in the next couple of months. It is really going to be fun choosing a device this year. I was adamant that I wasn't going to stray from iOS this year, but my curiosity of some of the rumored Android devices have gotten the better of me.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Just so you all know, the HTC one did not have an SD card slot but the new HTC one is supposed to have an SD slot, so you never know. The g3 may end up with an SD slot. We may end up seeing internal memory at 64gb and 128gb with these new soc's. Samsung has started mass producing 128gb of memory.

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
If this thing really has a 5.5 inch screen, that will turn off a lot of potential buyers not wanting a Phablet. At that point I might just go and pick up a G2 for cheap...lol See story here

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
If this thing really has a 5.5 inch screen, that will turn off a lot of potential buyers not wanting a Phablet. At that point I might just go and pick up a G2 for cheap...lol See story here

It will likely be the same size as the S5...LG as they have shown with the G2 they are able to make a very nice form factor even given the massive screen. Granted I do think any larger of a phone than the G2 is too much and is exactly why I wont look at the S5.

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
It will likely be the same size as the S5...LG as they have shown with the G2 they are able to make a very nice form factor even given the massive screen. Granted I do think any larger of a phone than the G2 is too much and is exactly why I wont look at the S5.

And that's my worry. The G2 does feel good in hand, but I got a deal on the moto x so I went for it. I'll reserve judgement on it till I hold it, but 5.5 seems very large.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Just so you all know, the HTC one did not have an SD card slot but the new HTC one is supposed to have an SD slot, so you never know. The g3 may end up with an SD slot. We may end up seeing internal memory at 64gb and 128gb with these new soc's. Samsung has started mass producing 128gb of memory.

32GB is enough internal storage. SD Card is necessary because I like for my Documents, Music, Videos, Camera Output, etc. to be on a removable storage device in case the phone hits the crapper. I don't want it taking everything with it and I just don't want my phone uploading a ton of stuff to Cloud Storage all the time, Lol.

I'm more than satisfied with 32GB Internal + a Class 10 Ultra 16GB SD Card. But, I need the SD Card slot to utilize the SD card.

I wonder if they will revamp their UI again. It's still not all that great. I'm hoping for off-screen buttons, Lol. LG's on-screen buttons don't look so attractive :-(

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
And that's my worry. The G2 does feel good in hand, but I got a deal on the moto x so I went for it. I'll reserve judgement on it till I hold it, but 5.5 seems very large.

I tend to agree, anything bigger than the G2 or S4, N5 to me is just to large. If I wanted a phone bigger than those I would look at the Note.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I think with the G3 we're prolly just looking at a smaller G Pro2. I can't imagine too many other differences.

According to some rumors the g3 will have a 5.5" 2k screen, 801, "805 dependant on release date" or an octacore processor, finger print scanner, 16mp ois camera. All of which are higher specs to the g pro 2. I am sure I have missed other rumors.
To me the g pro 2 is just an enlarged g2 with enhanced software and 1 GB more ram. Oh yea an SD card slot. The g3 will definitely be an upgrade to the g2 and g pro 2.

via the tablet

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the G3 will hit 5.5" as that's phablet territory already handled by the G Pro 2.

via the phone

Agreed to me that size just doesn't make sense, I do think we will see a slightly larger screen than the G2 and likely 2K resolution. As well I do not think they will release it prior to the 805 being available as it just does not make sense considering the G2 is still more than competent.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Will the g3 be better overall then the new htc one or iPhone 6..why everyone always comparing they phones to Samsung..ppl love to pick at Samsung when clearly it's other phones that's equal or better o compare to

Posted via Android Central App

Well I would hope a phone launching 6 months later would be better. And other than the slight boost the s805 may bring and if it includes 3gb of ram, other than that there isn't really anything to "leave the competition in the dust" with current tech that is out there and with the point we are at now where the specs can easily handle and make the devices run smoothly. I hope they go back to the old button placement rather than rear buttons for the g3.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I would hope a phone launching 6 months later would be better. And other than the slight boost the s805 may bring and if it includes 3gb of ram, other than that there isn't really anything to "leave the competition in the dust" with current tech that is out there and with the point we are at now where the specs can easily handle and make the devices run smoothly. I hope they go back to the old button placement rather than rear buttons for the g3.

Not gonna happen. LG has fully committed to the rear button layout. Look at the Flex and the G Pro 2. It's unlikely they'll backtrack with the G3.

via the tablet

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Not gonna happen. LG has fully committed to the rear bitten layout. Look at the Flex and the G Pro 2. It's unlikely they'll backtrack with the G3.

via the tablet

Oh I know, just maybe this time around can make the buttons a little larger and easier to use. Wireless charging is nice, but smaller buttons are not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1