Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Come on this LG g3 needs at least a snapdragon 801 but preferable a 805 or LG Odin 64 doc

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Come on this LG g3 needs at least a snapdragon 801 but preferable a 805 or LG Odin 64 doc

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I gathered up some info by browsing, and this is what I came to-
1. The 800 is used just for the test unit. Final will be 801 or 805.
2. An unmentioned detail is waterproof and dust-proof.
3. Another unmentioned detail is the fingerprint scanner.
It looks like the G3 will be the dream smartphone: First of all, it catches up on the competition's gimmicks (water-dust-proof, fingerprint), and then it makes advancements of its own. That way the customer doesn't regret not having the cool features the competition has, and also has some of his own to gloat about.
IMO, this thing will be an S5,Z2,M8 KILLER.
P.S. To people complaining about the cheap feeling of the phone, then:
1. Almost no bezel, so the front material doesn't really matter.
2. You almost always have a case on, so sides and back doesn't matter.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I really do not think the G3 will have a 5.5" display, seems like it would be to close to the G Pro 2. I would think they want to keep a similar relationship as Samsung with the S5 and Note.

Everything else seems easy, Snap 805 will be in it and 3gb ram for sure. I am hoping for a 5.3" 2K display, same form factor as the G2.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I really do not think the G3 will have a 5.5" display, seems like it would be to close to the G Pro 2. I would think they want to keep a similar relationship as Samsung with the S5 and Note.

Everything else seems easy, Snap 805 will be in it and 3gb ram for sure. I am hoping for a 5.3" 2K display, same form factor as the G2.

I agree. I didnt see anything in the text about 5.5 inch screen, just resolution

The Tick077

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I didnt see anything in the text about 5.5 inch screen, just resolution

Me neither...I read the output line by line trying to find an indication that the screen was 5.5 inches, and couldn't find one. I wonder where they were getting that from?

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I would have been perfectly happy with a 1080P screen, 5.5" is OK if they can squeeze it into the same chassis (G2 is stretching it for my hands), Snapdragon 805, 3 GB Ram, 32 GB onboard (don't cheap out like Samsung with only 16 GB and who knows when the 32 GB will be out), as for design I would love to have the nice brushed aluminum back I have on my G Pad 8.3, also a minor request would be the new reversible USB 3.1 port (rather than that ugly abortion of the current USB 3.0 port on the GS5 - look at the bulge on the bottom where the port and weatherproof cover is) and of course wireless charging built in like the G2 so you rarely (if ever) have to actually open that port. While I guess it's hard for LG NOT to DO 2K when they can do it - spec wars never fail if you can make a marketing point out of it. I think that with the new efficiency of the 805 they will be able to keep battery life at least as good as the G2 (really spoiled by the G2 battery life). None of the phones so far even makes me consider moving from my G2 - the M8 is WAY TOO big (even the M7 with that top mounted power button was too tall and the M8 is almost as tall as the Note 3), and the GS5 isn't even much of a step up (if at all) from the G2 and it's bigger than the S3 and S4 while only getting a bump to 5.1". And Verizon is playing the $249 with a $50 mail in rebate game again to get it down to $199.

David Rowland

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see a 5.5 screen, if only because it would give more screen RE that fat bar at the bottom takes up. It pushes my keyboard up so far I can only read about the last line on my text messages. They need to do something about that, make it transparent, make it thinner, retract it or whatever. Don't really need a higher res, would just use more battery, the screen is already the #1 battery drain, no complaint about the battery life though.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see a 5.5 screen, if only because it would give more screen RE that fat bar at the bottom takes up. It pushes my keyboard up so far I can only read about the last line on my text messages. They need to do something about that, make it transparent, make it thinner, retract it or whatever. Don't really need a higher res, would just use more battery, the screen is already the #1 battery drain, no complaint about the battery life though.

I don't mind a bigger screen. I just want the device profile to stay similar. That being said the current version is edge to edge so it may be hard to accomplish that.

Sent from my Moto X via Tapatalk

The Tick077

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I would rather the screen stay the same size. They have their whole phablet line the Pro or whatever if you want a bigger screen. Manufactures need to really learn they need a 4 inch screen phone a 5 inch screen phone and a 5.5+ inch screen phone (by 4 inch and 5 inch I mean give or take .1-.3 inches). And have similar specs in each screen size model (I know there are limitations when working with less space, but within reason). I think the first manufacturer that does that and does it more than one generation will start to gain a foothold in the market. I know I want around a 5 inch screen, but my wife wants a 4 inch screen while my parents like the idea of a 5.5-6 inch screen. Since I am everyone's "tech support" it would be easy to recommend a line of phones with mostly all the same features and software that would meet all of our needs.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Good news - Hoping they don't go 5.5" on the screen size for the AT&T model G3, my reasoning? My other phone that I use (my job supplies) is a GN3 and it is a bit too big

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Since I am everyone's "tech support" it would be easy to recommend a line of phones with mostly all the same features and software that would meet all of our needs.

i lol'd at this because thats me for my family. Unfortunately, for the older ones i have to recommend iPhones because they are too dummy proof and easy to walk them through over the phone lol. I tried to get my parents to try out Android first but that was a disaster :(