Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Apparently the G3 specs have been leaked. VZW better get this phone, especially if the Z2 isn't happening! My GS3 wants updated!

    http://www.droid-life.com/2014/04/11...nd-3gb-of-ram/
    Thanked by 3:
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    19,338 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,752 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Sounds like this is going to be a contender for even the next Note.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. #3  
    Lodingi's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Looks awesome. I agree with the author's suggestion they use the Snap Dragon 801 or higher processor.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Come on this LG g3 needs at least a snapdragon 801 but preferable a 805 or LG Odin 64 doc

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    all my love for the Z2 is now on hold ughhh .. ok so its that and the LG3.. hoping it comes out soonish
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Anyone else notice it says the G3 has an external memory card slot for up to 128gb?

    :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  
    Foramex's Avatar

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by kingmac38 View Post
    Come on this LG g3 needs at least a snapdragon 801 but preferable a 805 or LG Odin 64 doc

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    I gathered up some info by browsing, and this is what I came to-
    1. The 800 is used just for the test unit. Final will be 801 or 805.
    2. An unmentioned detail is waterproof and dust-proof.
    3. Another unmentioned detail is the fingerprint scanner.
    It looks like the G3 will be the dream smartphone: First of all, it catches up on the competition's gimmicks (water-dust-proof, fingerprint), and then it makes advancements of its own. That way the customer doesn't regret not having the cool features the competition has, and also has some of his own to gloat about.
    IMO, this thing will be an S5,Z2,M8 KILLER.
    P.S. To people complaining about the cheap feeling of the phone, then:
    1. Almost no bezel, so the front material doesn't really matter.
    2. You almost always have a case on, so sides and back doesn't matter.
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by FredBassett View Post
    all my love for the Z2 is now on hold ughhh .. ok so its that and the LG3.. hoping it comes out soonish
    I feel the same way, though I think in the U.S., if we even see the Z2, it won't be until June or July.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    I really do not think the G3 will have a 5.5" display, seems like it would be to close to the G Pro 2. I would think they want to keep a similar relationship as Samsung with the S5 and Note.

    Everything else seems easy, Snap 805 will be in it and 3gb ram for sure. I am hoping for a 5.3" 2K display, same form factor as the G2.
    adamspt2 likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    Anyone else notice it says the G3 has an external memory card slot for up to 128gb?

    :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
    I saw 64 in the text. Along with 32gb internal
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
    I really do not think the G3 will have a 5.5" display, seems like it would be to close to the G Pro 2. I would think they want to keep a similar relationship as Samsung with the S5 and Note.

    Everything else seems easy, Snap 805 will be in it and 3gb ram for sure. I am hoping for a 5.3" 2K display, same form factor as the G2.
    I agree. I didnt see anything in the text about 5.5 inch screen, just resolution
  12. #12  
    mush10's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    I really hope they do not make this device much bigger than the G2.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    adamspt2 likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    I agree. I didnt see anything in the text about 5.5 inch screen, just resolution
    Me neither...I read the output line by line trying to find an indication that the screen was 5.5 inches, and couldn't find one. I wonder where they were getting that from?
  14. #14  
    trivor's Avatar

    Posts
    340 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    I would have been perfectly happy with a 1080P screen, 5.5" is OK if they can squeeze it into the same chassis (G2 is stretching it for my hands), Snapdragon 805, 3 GB Ram, 32 GB onboard (don't cheap out like Samsung with only 16 GB and who knows when the 32 GB will be out), as for design I would love to have the nice brushed aluminum back I have on my G Pad 8.3, also a minor request would be the new reversible USB 3.1 port (rather than that ugly abortion of the current USB 3.0 port on the GS5 - look at the bulge on the bottom where the port and weatherproof cover is) and of course wireless charging built in like the G2 so you rarely (if ever) have to actually open that port. While I guess it's hard for LG NOT to DO 2K when they can do it - spec wars never fail if you can make a marketing point out of it. I think that with the new efficiency of the 805 they will be able to keep battery life at least as good as the G2 (really spoiled by the G2 battery life). None of the phones so far even makes me consider moving from my G2 - the M8 is WAY TOO big (even the M7 with that top mounted power button was too tall and the M8 is almost as tall as the Note 3), and the GS5 isn't even much of a step up (if at all) from the G2 and it's bigger than the S3 and S4 while only getting a bump to 5.1". And Verizon is playing the $249 with a $50 mail in rebate game again to get it down to $199.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    I would like to see a 5.5 screen, if only because it would give more screen RE that fat bar at the bottom takes up. It pushes my keyboard up so far I can only read about the last line on my text messages. They need to do something about that, make it transparent, make it thinner, retract it or whatever. Don't really need a higher res, would just use more battery, the screen is already the #1 battery drain, no complaint about the battery life though.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    I saw 64 in the text. Along with 32gb internal
    Yep, I read it wrong. You are correct.

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  
    mush10's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by David Rowland View Post
    I would like to see a 5.5 screen, if only because it would give more screen RE that fat bar at the bottom takes up. It pushes my keyboard up so far I can only read about the last line on my text messages. They need to do something about that, make it transparent, make it thinner, retract it or whatever. Don't really need a higher res, would just use more battery, the screen is already the #1 battery drain, no complaint about the battery life though.
    I don't mind a bigger screen. I just want the device profile to stay similar. That being said the current version is edge to edge so it may be hard to accomplish that.

    Sent from my Moto X via Tapatalk
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by David Rowland View Post
    I would like to see a 5.5 screen, if only because it would give more screen RE that fat bar at the bottom takes up. It pushes my keyboard up so far I can only read about the last line on my text messages. They need to do something about that, make it transparent, make it thinner, retract it or whatever. Don't really need a higher res, would just use more battery, the screen is already the #1 battery drain, no complaint about the battery life though.
    I would rather the screen stay the same size. They have their whole phablet line the Pro or whatever if you want a bigger screen. Manufactures need to really learn they need a 4 inch screen phone a 5 inch screen phone and a 5.5+ inch screen phone (by 4 inch and 5 inch I mean give or take .1-.3 inches). And have similar specs in each screen size model (I know there are limitations when working with less space, but within reason). I think the first manufacturer that does that and does it more than one generation will start to gain a foothold in the market. I know I want around a 5 inch screen, but my wife wants a 4 inch screen while my parents like the idea of a 5.5-6 inch screen. Since I am everyone's "tech support" it would be easy to recommend a line of phones with mostly all the same features and software that would meet all of our needs.
  19. #19  
    pounder001's Avatar

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Good news - Hoping they don't go 5.5" on the screen size for the AT&T model G3, my reasoning? My other phone that I use (my job supplies) is a GN3 and it is a bit too big
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tick077 View Post
    Since I am everyone's "tech support" it would be easy to recommend a line of phones with mostly all the same features and software that would meet all of our needs.
    i lol'd at this because thats me for my family. Unfortunately, for the older ones i have to recommend iPhones because they are too dummy proof and easy to walk them through over the phone lol. I tried to get my parents to try out Android first but that was a disaster
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    This may sound like a stupid question, but what's the point of adding more PPI each and every phone generation. I understand the need for newer and better screen technology, but the unaided eye can only see about 300 ppi, and a perfect eye can only see 400 ppi.

    I fail to see the point of adding more and more PPI considering it's more a battery drain and requires more GPU processing. Why not aim towards bigger batteries instead of screen PPI? IMO, processing speed and ram and screen technology have basically hit their peak, but battery power has not. Technology should be more emphasized on energy utilization and better battery management rather than "peak" processing or PPI. I personally believe processors and ram have basically hit the wall for most users similar to most desktops/laptops CPUs, ram, GPUs etc. The "revolution" is basically over.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    I read the newer processors like the Snapdragon 801 and 805 are supposed to help battery life while giving more power, I think it's to offset the addition of more ppi or these 2k and 4k displays.

    I agree on the battery front still. I haven't had a device last 2 work days since my blackberry days, but BlackBerry never had this much power.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    I read the newer processors like the Snapdragon 801 and 805 are supposed to help battery life while giving more power, I think it's to offset the addition of more ppi or these 2k and 4k displays.

    I agree on the battery front still. I haven't had a device last 2 work days since my blackberry days, but BlackBerry never had this much power.
    My wife gets 2 days out of her G2 pretty consistently, I wouldn't call her a power user but she is certainly above average for usage. If the G3 can match or exceed the G2's already impressive battery life I will be happy
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
    I really do not think the G3 will have a 5.5" display, seems like it would be to close to the G Pro 2. I would think they want to keep a similar relationship as Samsung with the S5 and Note.

    Everything else seems easy, Snap 805 will be in it and 3gb ram for sure. I am hoping for a 5.3" 2K display, same form factor as the G2.
    G Pro 2 is like 6", so even at 5.5", that is a pretty big size gap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foramex View Post
    I gathered up some info by browsing, and this is what I came to-
    1. The 800 is used just for the test unit. Final will be 801 or 805.
    2. An unmentioned detail is waterproof and dust-proof.
    3. Another unmentioned detail is the fingerprint scanner.
    It looks like the G3 will be the dream smartphone: First of all, it catches up on the competition's gimmicks (water-dust-proof, fingerprint), and then it makes advancements of its own. That way the customer doesn't regret not having the cool features the competition has, and also has some of his own to gloat about.
    IMO, this thing will be an S5,Z2,M8 KILLER.
    P.S. To people complaining about the cheap feeling of the phone, then:
    1. Almost no bezel, so the front material doesn't really matter.
    2. You almost always have a case on, so sides and back doesn't matter.
    I don't think water/dust proof is a gimmick. I think that is a genuinely useful feature that I look forward to becoming the norm on phones. Every time a thread comes up taking a poll on if people use cases on their phone or not, its a pretty even split. There is a large portion (approx half) that do not use cases so they care what their phone feels like. I am one of those people. I buy insurance because I hate the bulk that cases add.
    Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    I read the newer processors like the Snapdragon 801 and 805 are supposed to help battery life while giving more power, I think it's to offset the addition of more ppi or these 2k and 4k displays.

    I agree on the battery front still. I haven't had a device last 2 work days since my blackberry days, but BlackBerry never had this much power.
    I don't care how much more efficient the processor is, I'd rather have the extra battery life from sticking at 1080 vs. going 2k. There is no way for a smartphone battery to last too long. I killed the battery of my Note 3 in 8 hours yesterday because I had 5 hours screen on time in that 8 hours. If you do a large amount of work on your phone, you can't have enough battery.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Sprint G3 Specs Leaked

    Having a more more efficient processor to extend battery life is something you don't care about, yet you want more battery life?

    If future phones start going the 2k way, ya might as well get a GS5 and a spare battery now before more upgrades ensue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-19-2014, 10:06 PM
  2. Sprint VM Icon
    By danibal in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 03:59 PM
  3. Sprint Galaxy Mega weak data connection
    By flychinook in forum Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 03:22 PM
  4. Sprint Galaxy S5 already rooted!
    By Joe113 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2014, 12:20 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 09:55 PM

Posting Permissions