Best Screen Yet?

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Do we really need QHD screens at this point? The percived difference will be smaller than the jump from 300+ to 400+ ppi. Unless they are putting it in a 6+ inch display I think the cost of battery life outweighs the benifit of a nominally smaller screen.

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I most definitely think the higher res screen will be worth it. I want LG to throw the kitchen sink at the G3, and when released, will be perfect timing to cause such Samsung S5 and HTC buyer's remorse, it will be hysterical! You couldn't give me any Samsung phone for free, their hardware and software are inferior, try to mask it with a multi-million dollar ad campaign to hide it. The G3 will be the across the board killer, and it will be fun to watch LG rocket to the top!

Posted via Android Central App

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
All I hear about the lg g3 display is that its pointless to have 2k display on a phone this size, but I'm willing to bet if it was on an iPhone, it would be the greatest thing ever. Let's let the phone come out before we judge it.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
2k display is useless on a 5" or smaller screen but at 5.5"+, slighter higher is better. 1080P display on the s5 is over 320ppi but on the note 3, its like under 300ppi

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I also think such a screen resolution is useless, and it worries me regarding the battery life.

But somehow we must have faith that the people at LG are not idiots and that they won't release a flagship phone that won't last through the day.

If the phone can last through the day, then fine by me. I'm not for this specs war, and I feel like I don't need such a screen resolution, but I'll still consider the phone to replace my Nexus 4 when the time comes. (And so far the only contender is the Nexus 5...)

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I also think such a screen resolution is useless, and it worries me regarding the battery life.

But somehow we must have faith that the people at LG are not idiots and that they won't release a flagship phone that won't last through the day.

If the phone can last through the day, then fine by me. I'm not for this specs war, and I feel like I don't need such a screen resolution, but I'll still consider the phone to replace my Nexus 4 when the time comes. (And so far the only contender is the Nexus 5...)

Well the current G2 lasts well over a full day under pretty hard use, I would say its top of the market for "high end" phones. My wife gets 2 days use out of her phone and she uses it fairly hard (not for gaming) but screen time is high.

I do not think they will suddenly take a step backwards with the G3, keep in mind we are looking at a more efficient processor as well.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay, next is a 1080p P-OLED with even wider gamut kthxbai.

Okay who knows, but I already like the 720p in my Flex and a higher rez would makes the antis be quiet. And that plastic sheet has nonexistent size. Even better would be if someone can build a new screen with OLED substrate glued over high reflectance e-ink. Like they promised more than five years ago *grumble*.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I would have been happy keeping the screen as it was and making the battery life similar to my Droid Maxx. Its probably the main reason I returned my G2. The battery is fine on it, but the Maxx just gives me better peace of mind.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
After KitKat update on my Maxx battery is better on my g2. With that said I'm in the power user category and they both are great battery phones.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888