G3 to launch next month

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Eh i mean the g3 is looking nice but my question would be the 1440p screen being so new and most likely with issues and how much of a battery drian would it cause..A 3200-3500 mAh battery wouldnt do it for me with a high resolution + processor and everything thats going on in the phone + Screen size..

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Eh i mean the g3 is looking nice but my question would be the 1440p screen being so new and most likely with issues and how much of a battery drian would it cause..A 3200-3500 mAh battery wouldnt do it for me with a high resolution + processor and everything thats going on in the phone + Screen size..
3200-3500 mAh should be more than enough power to run the G3 all day. The Note 3 has a similar battery but larger screen and it gets fantastic battery life. Personally, I don't think LG will go as high as 3500 mAh. I see something closer to 2800-3000 mAh.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a link confirming:

http://bgr.com/2014/04/29/lg-g3-release-date-2/

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
3000 mAh battery apparently, but I'm not sure I buy into 2GB RAM on the quad core model. I think we'll see 3GB either way. Still all speculation at this point. The Xperia Z2 is looking pretty impressive too. Maybe that will be the more formidable phone rather than the S5. I'd take the Zperia Z2 or LG G3 over the S5 any day of thr week. My Galaxy S4 and old Samsung Galaxy Nexus had crap reception. I was a Samsung fan boy, nut Samsung needs to learn how to build a decent radio before I ever consider buying another one.

LG G3: Everything We Know So Far - Specification, Feature, Release Date, Price, Color - International Business Times

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
LG just announced event on may 27th. How long after will it be available?

Posted via Android Central App

Like all phone introductions, nothing is instantaneous. There will probably be a 2-3 week period of time between the intro and availability. And like most phones, it'll likely start off as an online order only, then become available in stores a couple of weeks after. It's a slow, arduous process unfortunately, and I'm not a patient person. I really want this phone and it sucks knowing we have over a month to wait.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Do these companies start production after announcing the phone, why dont they start few weeks before so it can be launched asap, isnt that what HTC did for the m8 ??

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Do these companies start production after announcing the phone, why dont they start few weeks before so it can be launched asap, isnt that what HTC did for the m8 ??

Every company has a particular marketing strategy. Samsung pretty much gives out off of their secrets while Motorola usually keeps quiet until it's close to game time. I'm an engineer, so I can vouch for these manufacturers needing to spend months on research and development. And of course with development comes roadblocks, especially with software. So the carrier is obviously going to want to sell phones that aren't being returned to them because of defects, thus the manufacturer must meet a quality standard before releasing the product to the carrier. Marketing strategies isn't my forte, but all companies handle their announcements differently.

DocToxyn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Not that it guarantees anything, but does anyone recall the interval between the G2 announcement and actual availability in market?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Not that it guarantees anything, but does anyone recall the interval between the G2 announcement and actual availability in market?

Announced august 7

Released September 9th and 12th and 13th to T-Mobile, Verizon and at&t.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
How quickly after 27th can i here in the UK get a unlocked version from amazon roughly.. and compared to the s5 (?500+) what price are we looking at in pounds for the g3 ??

rustum

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
According to above link, looks like it is same as g2,m8,s5 and note3 in terms of hardware. Screen resolution is only the difference. Above link states, it has same processor as G2. LG should wait for 805 chipset. May be they will come up with G4 by the time.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Releasing it with the 800 chipset would be a gigantic let down. Hoping that report is wrong, otherwise the One Plus One might take my $

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
If they launch it with the same 800 chip then they will lose a lot of business including mine. It's between this phone and the oneplus one.

monkeypunch35

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If they launch it with the same 800 chip then they will lose a lot of business including mine. It's between this phone and the oneplus one.

No they won't. A tiny tiny percentage of consumers even know what chip set is in a phone and how it affects the phone. And of that percentage, not all of them will even care. This phone will be all about the screen. That is where LG will make it or break it.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
No they won't. A tiny tiny percentage of consumers even know what chip set is in a phone and how it affects the phone. And of that percentage, not all of them will even care. This phone will be all about the screen. That is where LG will make it or break it.

While I do agree with you about many customers not knowing much about the chips and a lot of specs I do believe they will need to swing for the fences and it's not just about the screen. If they don't want to follow in the foot steps of Panasonic and have to ditch their mobile then need this to be a huge hit and do much more than just improve the screen. The screen was and is on the g2 amazing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87