Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By scottysize
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Default Ok, So the Launch Date is 5/27. Any News on Carriers?

Has anyone caught wind as to what US carriers will be carrying this phone? I'm on Verizon and suspect that Verizon will decide to carry this phone, but I also heard rumors that the Sony Xperia Z2 could end up being a Verizon exclusive. Again, these are rumors so take what I'm writing with a little doubt. Should these rumors be true, and Verizon has sole rights to the Xperia Z2, is it possible they may pass on the G3? The Z2 and G3 are pretty much equally awesome, however Sony has always had poor success in the American market. So Verizon would be taking a gamble if they went strictly with the Z2. I'm just brainstorming the possible outcomes. I hope Verizon gets both phones so I can play with them in the store. I do a lot of online shopping, but never for a phone. I have to physically use it for a good ten minutes to get a sense if it's something I'll want.

Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.

Default Re: Ok, So the Launch Date is 5/27. Any News on Carriers?

LG is mainly in GSM town, like S Korea. So i assume T mobile and ATT. VZW and Sprint have adopted the G2 and G Flex so it's more than possible they will get a G3.

I will be sorely pizzed if VZW doesn't get this phone. I've been waiting forever for this one.
    On Order: 128GB Gold iPhone 6 Plus
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, + Nexus 7 & 10
    Soon to be gone: White LG G3
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, SG3, M8
    jack.11 and jimbo1mcm like this.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
    Thanked by:
    djw39 

Verizon must have a good relationship with LG. They were the only ones who got the G2 with built-in wireless charging. I'd bet they'll have the G3.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    Verizon must have a good relationship with LG.

It's called cash money.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

I just want the unlocked, overseas one. I'm using prepaid on AT&T's network so I only need HSPA+. And I do NOT need non-removable AT&T hotspots and AT&T address book.