Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Murph5150
  • 1 Post By kingmac38
  • 1 Post By Relgoshan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hot new rumor!

Phone Arena has a "inside tip" for the LG G3: Snapdragon 805, OIS+, 3200maH battery and new power regulating software. Well see. If true, it's a beast.
    LG G3 to come with Snapdragon 805, 3200 mAh battery, and 13 MP Sony sensor with OIS+, claims insider
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Hot new rumor!

Would be nice! But I won't hold my breath.

Jeez LGs already have the best battery life in the business, now it's going to get even best-er?

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Well the G2 was one of the first to feature the Snapdragon 800. It seems a bit early to see the 805 but lets hope so!

Would be nice to see a company put a big battery and SD slot into their phones.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

Honestly I would like to see 3500 battery if Maxx can do it with a 5inch display LG should be able to do it with 5.5!

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Samsung put 2GB of RAM in their S5 where LG is going with 3GB RAM, so I don't see it being improbable they will use the 805 processor.

Battery capacity out of the box is pretty good. However, the wireless world is NOT ready for non-removable batteries yet. The lithium ion batteries don't develop memory like the nickel cadmium batteries from way back did, but the more charging cycles a phone goes through, the less capacity the battery has. And given that we are stuck with a phone for 2 years, it's cheaper to replace the battery than it is the phone. So hopefully we will see a removable battery.

My Galaxy S4, 10 months old, OE battery, struggles to make it through a day with light to moderate use whereas when it was new, would cruise through a day with leftover juice.

Also, has anyone confirmed the LG G3 will have LTE Cat 4? The Sony Xperia Z2 seems to have all of the CDMA and LTE capabilities to end up on Verizon, and if it does, choosing between the Z2 and G3 will be difficult. The Z2 doesn't have a removable battery. So if the G3 does come with a removable battery, that will be the decision maker for me.

Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
    Thanked by:
    Eric Mazariegos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    Samsung put 2GB of RAM in their S5 where LG is going with 3GB RAM, so I don't see it being improbable they will use the 805 processor.

Battery capacity out of the box is pretty good. However, the wireless world is NOT ready for non-removable batteries yet. The lithium ion batteries don't develop memory like the nickel cadmium batteries from way back did, but the more charging cycles a phone goes through, the less capacity the battery has. And given that we are stuck with a phone for 2 years, it's cheaper to replace the battery than it is the phone. So hopefully we will see a removable battery.

My Galaxy S4, 10 months old, OE battery, struggles to make it through a day with light to moderate use whereas when it was new, would cruise through a day with leftover juice.

Also, has anyone confirmed the LG G3 will have LTE Cat 4? The Sony Xperia Z2 seems to have all of the CDMA and LTE capabilities to end up on Verizon, and if it does, choosing between the Z2 and G3 will be difficult. The Z2 doesn't have a removable battery. So if the G3 does come with a removable battery, that will be the decision maker for me.

You must not have seen this huh

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

SD cards are a thing of past just like removable batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    Would be nice to see a company put a big battery and SD slot into their phones.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Just because it's a removable cover doesn't mean removable bsttery
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmac38 View Post
    You must not have seen this huh http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/10/usyzebyh.jpg

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Just because it's a removable cover doesn't mean removable bsttery

You can't see that the battery is actually moved aside ....see the battery connections right there ... it is removable

Mac58 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jman1323 View Post
    Well the G2 was one of the first to feature the Snapdragon 800. It seems a bit early to see the 805 but lets hope so!
    And the g pro was first to have the 600. But I think it might be too early for 805

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Nope, I didn't see the removable battery. Decision is made. I'm a happy man.

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Apparently not, considering the G3 will have both. The G3 is undoubtedly the best rumored and essentially confirmed phone for 2014. And if it comes with the 805 processor, I'd he hard pressed to see a rival for the remainder of the year.

This is a phone that I can safely say will be cranking nicely and performing probably close to its competition in two years when my next upgrade comes along.

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by jman1323 View Post
    This might come as an Octa-Core model. Speculation, but internet chatter:

LG G3 - Release Date, Price, Specs and New Features - The Fuse Joplin

The millions of people who buy Samsung flagships will disagree with you lol

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    The millions of people who buy Samsung flagships will disagree with you lol

Yup, won't buy a phone without a removable battery. I don't care how long they claim their battery lasts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Hahaha battery quality matters too tho. My Echo came with two of them almost four years ago and when I swapped out for a Flex it could still go a day on either one. One laptop hit half capacity in less than two years, another went over three before hitting the death spiral. So the source for their batteries is important.

My Flex can go ten hours browsing out of the box, and review sites were seemingly in competition to claim ever higher video playback life. 12, 15, 18, even 20 hours video playback? My plan will let me swap after only one year so I've got that protection against a rapid drop too.

If the G3 has a battery as big as the Flex, swappable, better camera setup, fast AND more miserly 805 CPU, and no major software issues.....seems nice. Then all they gotta do is use that experience to make me a Flex 2 as soon as possible.

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Today's batteries, specifically lithium ion composite batteries do not develop memory like nickel cadmium batteries did. HOWEVER, the more a lithium ion battery is exposed to charging cycles, the less capacity it has to hold a charge.

For example. My Galaxy S4 was purchased July 2013. Out of the box, I would return from home after heavy daily usage with approximately 50% remaining. Now, less than a year later, I struggle to make it a full day with drastically reduced usage, forcing me to purchase a Mophie Juice Pack.

I'm a mechanical engineer, not an electrical engineer, but have built plenty of aerospace turbines to be familiar with charging degradation. I also have an M.Sc Theoretical Physics so when problems become really abstract, I'm called on to solve problems; often turbine relation to charging amps/volts through the Brayton Cycle.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    Today's batteries, specifically lithium ion composite batteries do not develop memory like nickel cadmium batteries did. HOWEVER, the more a lithium ion battery is exposed to charging cycles, the less capacity it has to hold a charge.

For example. My Galaxy S4 was purchased July 2013. Out of the box, I would return from home after heavy daily usage with approximately 50% remaining. Now, less than a year later, I struggle to make it a full day with drastically reduced usage, forcing me to purchase a Mophie Juice Pack.

I'm a mechanical engineer, not an electrical engineer, but have built plenty of aerospace turbines to be familiar with charging degradation. I also have an M.Sc Theoretical Physics so when problems become really abstract, I'm called on to solve problems; often turbine relation to charging amps/volts through the Brayton Cycle.

*ahem* "Hahaha battery quality matters too tho."

I am sticking with this. A junk battery is a junk battery. A lot of the top shelf phones use Lithium Polymer which has even fewer cycles than Lithium Ion, which makes the QUALITY matter even more. Now they are talking about silver like it will save them. But this is exactly the same issue encountered by anyone who owned say a DeWalt cordless tool, a Ryobi cordless and a Craftsman. The grade of battery still influences how many full charge cycles it will take.

At least as we move beyond li-ion there seems to be a reduced risk of explosions, but there are still li-ion hong kong counterfeits blowing up on the charger. You don't have an inkling to the endurance of your battery until anywhere from six months to a year after purchase, hence the rules concerning the battery in most electronics warranties.

.......and what did the last paragraph have to do with the topic? Please stay on topic here. One of the top sources of charge degradation in aerospace was still vibration damage last I checked. Between cooling and vibration many big ticket planes have been set back in their development. At least the turbines themselves can be tapped for very clean and stable power due to their rotational speed and momentum, hence why gas turbines are so loved by utilities.
    jimgravy likes this.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

One juicy piece of info@evleaks*also included in a separate tweet is that the mystery sensor along the backside of the device, which at first many assumed was an IR blaster for controlling your TV, is actually to be a laser sensor for auto focus while using the G3′s camera. When in use, this laser would allow users to keep both hands on the device while focusing, no longer needing to tap on the display to focus.