Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG a Leader!!

My G2 replaced an Iphone 5S, which had replaced a Samsung Galaxy S4. I am so impressed with the quality of the build and the design of the G2, that I am very willing to move quickly to the G3, if the specs are close to what is rumored. It looks like LG has really committed themselves to being leaders in the phone industry. They need to do timely updates and do the advertising necessary to tell the world that they have a superior product.

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Default Re: LG a Leader!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
    My G2 replaced an Iphone 5S, which had replaced a Samsung Galaxy S4. I am so impressed with the quality of the build and the design of the G2, that I am very willing to move quickly to the G3, if the specs are close to what is rumored. It looks like LG has really committed themselves to being leaders in the phone industry. They need to do timely updates and do the advertising necessary to tell the world that they have a superior product.
    I'm happy to hear of your success. I am using a Galaxy S4 and plan on upgrading to a G3 as soon as Verizon releases it.

You should just keep the G2 instead of paying full price for a G3. It's a great phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.

If I had a G2 I'd hold out for the G4. Unless you have cash to blow, then go for it!

MrSlippery519 likes this.

Not much use as others have said upgrading from a G2, it is still one of the best phones on the market and will be for quite a while.

For me who still has a S3 its a no brainer, plus my wife has the G2 so I know the in's and out's of the software.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    I'm happy to hear of your success. I am using a Galaxy S4 and plan on upgrading to a G3 as soon as Verizon releases it.

You should just keep the G2 instead of paying full price for a G3. It's a great phone.

I'll take a careful look at the G3. I am on the EDGE program with Verizon, so it won't cost me an arm and a leg, just an arm.

MrSlippery519 likes this.

Keep the screen in one piece. And learn the camera, G2 has a pretty good one.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

I liked everything about the G2, except the signal strength and call quality were very poor. Every LG I have had has suffered from those problems (Optimus G and Pro, too). The AT&T manager who used the G2 said the same thing when I was talking to them about making a change. If LG can fix those issues with the G3 it will be great. If not, I will pass.

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gdwheel View Post
    I liked everything about the G2, except the signal strength and call quality were very poor. Every LG I have had has suffered from those problems (Optimus G and Pro, too). The AT&T manager who used the G2 said the same thing when I was talking to them about making a change. If LG can fix those issues with the G3 it will be great. If not, I will pass.
    Have to say you're in the minority with respect to signal strength. While it may not be Motorola it has good to excellent call quality and data reception. I rarely lose LTE in a small town with only one cell tower for the whole town (only two exits off the interstate and 2 miles end to end).
    Banned

My lg has the best reception ive ever had on a phone!

Sent from my G-Flex........Life is Good!✌

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trivor View Post
    Have to say you're in the minority with respect to signal strength. While it may not be Motorola it has good to excellent call quality and data reception. I rarely lose LTE in a small town with only one cell tower for the whole town (only two exits off the interstate and 2 miles end to end).
    I compared the G2 in the same locations with the same sim card with the Moto X, the HTC One, the S4, the Notes 2 and 3 and the 5s (yes, I owned all of them at the time -- I am an ***** that way) and the G2 was consistently several db lower than all of them. It also had a tougher time maintaining an LTE signal and could not make calls or download at fringe places where the others could. Its signal bounced around a ton compared to the others, too.
    Thanked by:

I bought g4 reception sucked got lg g2 was much better. My buddy has new g5 we do speed test all the time my data is always faster than his. I'm never buying a Samsung til they improve the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by trivor View Post
    As you said, you're in a small town. People that live in big places, for instance myself , in NY, could definitely face issues.
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Quote Originally Posted by doggy2965 View Post
    I bought g4 reception sucked got lg g2 was much better. My buddy has new g5 we do speed test all the time my data is always faster than his. I'm never buying a Samsung til they improve the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by doggy2965 View Post

May depend on carriers, on sprint I get between 13 and 18 on a strong LTE connection at home. On the road, I'm usually on 3g with maybe 1-3 bars
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

I conducted a side by side comparison of my S4 against the Verizon Store S4, the LG G2, Galaxy S5, and Note 3, using dBm as my data. I needed to exchange my wall charger, and I was 5th in line with time to kill.

The two S4's performed the worst, each registering -85 dBm. Next, the Note 3 was second in line to struggle, getting -80 dBm. Next best was the Galaxy S5, reading -75 dBm. And lastly, the LG G2 performed the best at -60 dBm. I unfortunately didn't make it to the M8.

So we have a range of signal strength, -85 dBm to -60 dBm. As dBm gets closer to 0, signal strength improves. I did not make any Motorola comparison because it's a well-known fact Motorola phones provide superior reception. So I hope this quick but accurate test I conducted gives everyone on Verizon an idea of where to go looking to get good reception and where to avoid weak/questionable reception.

Thanked by 3:
    Banned

I conducted a side by side comparison of my S4 against the Verizon Store S4, the LG G2, Galaxy S5, and Note 3, using dBm as my data. I needed to exchange my wall charger, and I was 5th in line with time to kill.

The two S4's performed the worst, each registering -85 dBm. Next, the Note 3 was second in line to struggle, getting -80 dBm. Next best was the Galaxy S5, reading -75 dBm. And lastly, the LG G2 performed the best at -60 dBm. I unfortunately didn't make it to the M8.

So we have a range of signal strength, -85 dBm to -60 dBm. As dBm gets closer to 0, signal strength improves. I did not make any Motorola comparison because it's a well-known fact Motorola phones provide superior reception. So I hope this quick but accurate test I conducted gives everyone on Verizon an idea of where to go looking to get good reception and where to avoid weak/questionable reception.

The sheep won't listen!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX......LIFE IS GOOD✌

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy13 View Post
    The sheep won't listen!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX......LIFE IS GOOD✌
    I'm a degreed mechanical engineer and graduate level theoretical physicist. Numbers don't lie; people do. That's why I love math so much is because it speaks only truth. And physics is friggin cool!

erwaso likes this.

I'm a degreed mechanical engineer and graduate level theoretical physicist. Numbers don't lie; people do. That's why I love math so much is because it speaks only truth. And physics is friggin cool!

But mah anecdotal evidence! Math can't prove me wrong because anecdotal evidence is the absolute truth!

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Dizfunctions View Post
    But mah anecdotal evidence! Math can't prove me wrong because anecdotal evidence is the absolute truth!
    What? Anecdotal evidence? Are you a disgruntled Samsung fan boy upset that in a very fair, unbiased test, Samsung ate dirt? People lie. Numbers don't. And I'm deeply sorry if that concept is beyond your comprehension. Grow up.

Not saying your test was wrong but it seems odd to me that G2 is that much better than others. At my Verizon store, G2 was similar to Moto X, M8 and S5 had the best signal. Better than G2 by about 5~6dbm.

Are you sure you looked at 4G signal strength on G2? Remember LG phones display two signal strengths, 1X voice and 4G data separately. Usually 1X strength is much higher than 4G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdwheel View Post
    I compared the G2 in the same locations with the same sim card with the Moto X, the HTC One, the S4, the Notes 2 and 3 and the 5s (yes, I owned all of them at the time -- I am an ***** that way) and the G2 was consistently several db lower than all of them. It also had a tougher time maintaining an LTE signal and could not make calls or download at fringe places where the others could. Its signal bounced around a ton compared to the others, too.
    Nope. I think you lost all of us when you said the S4 had better signal. Next you'll have us on about the S4 Mini being the bee's knees.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Jdroids View Post
    Not saying your test was wrong but it seems odd to me that G2 is that much better than others. At my Verizon store, G2 was similar to Moto X, M8 and S5 had the best signal. Better than G2 by about 5~6dbm.

Are you sure you looked at 4G signal strength on G2? Remember LG phones display two signal strengths, 1X voice and 4G data separately. Usually 1X strength is much higher than 4G.
    Yes, I did notice the dual dBm on the LG G2 and used the 4G marker. I'm not falsifying any of my data. Yes, -85 dBm on the Galaxy S4 compard to -60 dBm on the LG G2 is quite an improvement leap, but those were the actual results. LG G2 in one hand, Galaxy S4 in the other. Phones held approximately 8" apart. G2 produced a -25 dBm improvement over the S4. Signal strength inside the store was good, not excellent.

Tests aren't designed to placate to an audience, they're intended to produce raw data that I consider to be useful in the decision making process of purchasing a phone. LG simply beat out the competition. The next time I'm in a Verizon store, I will pair up the G2 against a Motorola. Results should be interesting.

Joseph Coates likes this.

But you haven't produced any evidence.... all hearsay no pics or screen shots ... Someone who is a theoretical physicist would have said evidence

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

I'm just really confused about the entire point of this thread. -__-

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Nope. I think you lost all of us when you said the S4 had better signal. Next you'll have us on about the S4 Mini being the bee's knees.
    You can believe whatever you want. I am just telling you what I saw. I don't care whether you believe me or not. I really liked the G2 and wanted it to work, but it didn't. I never had any problems with my S4 on AT&T as far as signal was concerned. Look around the web. There are a lot of reviews for the G2 noting fair reception at best and poor call quality. The same thing is noted for the Flex, although I never tried it. I hope the G3 is better.

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by kingmac38 View Post
    But you haven't produced any evidence.... all hearsay no pics or screen shots ... Someone who is a theoretical physicist would have said evidence

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/20/9unyte4e.jpg
    Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Sorry, I didn't realize I was educating an audience requiring empirical evidence via screen shots... Especially given a seven minute window. If you read my post, I didn't even have time to make it to the M8. And don't tell me how a theoretical physicist does their job. We generate original ideas, hence the root word "theory," and produce evidence through rigorous mathematical proof, not screen shots... Here's an idea. How about you go to a Verizon store and do your own [language removed by Mod] research if you're unhappy with my conclusions. What reason do I have to falsify data? Either take my information at face value or be delusional and think I'm involved in an LG conspiracy.

Last edited by davidnc; 05-21-2014 at 07:01 AM. Reason: cursing/rude
    Thanked by 2:
    ErnstMach and Brad Steele like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast