Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    836 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    For a phone I really friggin' want, the rumor mill is starting to get on my nerves. This article, posted today, says the G3 is coming with 2GB RAM. LG G3 leaked pictures: Similar design to the HTC One (M8) | BGR

    What happened to 3GB RAM? I know these are rumors and shouldn't be easily bought into, but May 27th is quickly approaching and I would have figured by now, with only 2 weeks before debut, there would be more fact floating around the net. If it does come with 2GB RAM, I'll be picking up the Xperia Z2. I really hate the rumor phase of cell phone release.
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    We have 14 days to go. I kind of think LG will drop a killer phone on us. Remember Qualcomm said a phone would be launched in May with a Snapdragon 805. With that, 3 GB of Ram, removable battery, micro Sd, and quad HD, we are ready to jump on the best phone of 2014!!
  3. #3  
    tarpon6's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Unfortunately the rumors are usually high on expectations followed by disappointment when the actual announcement is made. We can only hope this time it's different.
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    I would like 3GB of ram just for the sake of further future proofing the phone. That being said, my G2 flies with it's 2GB and really there's not many times I'm stuck saying to myself "damn this thing really needs more ram".

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    RAM isn't the main component of how fast your phone runs.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Open a bunch of apps on your phone and you'll see 2GB is enough.

    Getting caught up in rumors adds to expectations, which ultimately leads to disappointment.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    I know it's not the main reason but my greater point is that the G2 flies, period. The spec junkie side of me hopes the G3 is absolutely loaded with greater specs but I wouldn't turn it down just because it's got just some of the same as the G2.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    For a phone I really friggin' want, the rumor mill is starting to get on my nerves. This article, posted today, says the G3 is coming with 2GB RAM. LG G3 leaked pictures: Similar design to the HTC One (M8) | BGR

    What happened to 3GB RAM? I know these are rumors and shouldn't be easily bought into, but May 27th is quickly approaching and I would have figured by now, with only 2 weeks before debut, there would be more fact and less bull$hit floating around the net. If it does come with 2GB RAM, I'll be picking up the Xperia Z2. I really hate the rumor phase of cell phone release.
    You also have to realize that may 27 the phone won't go on sale .... it will be later the qhd screen just got approval like 2 days ago ... so a lot can change quickly. .. The first rumors were snapdragon 800 but you know that won't be it ... They were using a 800 to test other things .... The only thing is if they can get the Odin Chip approved and into production and that is probably a no .... The other thing is if qualcomm 10 million + snapdragon 805 chips.
    Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Is it the 27th yet?
    Thanked by 2:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Oh so now you call it QHD? Nope! About what, 3.6 or 3.7 Mpx screen is what LG just got lab certified by that European firm. Plenty larger than 2 Mpx, sure. But 3840x2160, the minimum for Quad HD is 8.3 Mpx.

    Or are they now pushing just QHD as a term like the old QVGA from the PDA era? Not quad but just larger than FHD?

    As to the RAM....it may matter to gaming and ultra rez compositing, actually. So yeah 3GB sounds good. My G Flex flies thru multi tasking with only 2GB but it only has a 0.9 Mpx (!!) screen.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    836 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    I'm about as nerdy as they get. I started with my Bachelor's in mechanical engineering, got my Master's in theoretical physics, then my Ph.D in theoretical physics. So yeah, I'm a nerd. I enjoy having the latest and greatest technology. Even though 3GB in relation to 2GB is incidental, the inner geek in me wants 3GB. My Galaxy S4, prior to 4.4.2, sped nicely through gaming and multitasking. And considering upgrades are generally kept for two years, I'd like to own a phone that won't quickly turn obsolete.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    836 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Oh so now you call it QHD? Nope! About what, 3.6 or 3.7 Mpx screen is what LG just got lab certified by that European firm. Plenty larger than 2 Mpx, sure. But 3840x2160, the minimum for Quad HD is 8.3 Mpx.

    Or are they now pushing just QHD as a term like the old QVGA from the PDA era? Not quad but just larger than FHD?

    As to the RAM....it may matter to gaming and ultra rez compositing, actually. So yeah 3GB sounds good. My G Flex flies thru multi tasking with only 2GB but it only has a 0.9 Mpx (!!) screen.
    The CNET staff are calling it a QHD. Where is the technical definition of a QHD?

    http://www.cnet.com/news/leaked-lg-g...best-look-yet/

    Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    The CNET staff are calling it a QHD. Where is the technical definition of a QHD?

    Leaked LG G3 images provide best look yet - CNET

    Posted via Android Central App
    There is no consensus, some companies advertise even 540x960 as QHD, in that case more QUASI than QUAD lol.

    So we'll see what it launches at?
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    There is no consensus, some companies advertise even 540x960 as QHD, in that case more QUASI than QUAD lol.

    So we'll see what it launches at?
    There's a difference between QHD (Quad HD) and qHD (Quarter HD)

    Quad HD = 4x the area of 1280x720
    Quarter HD = 1/4 the area of 1920x1080
    Thanked by 2:
    jman1323 and Dizfunctions like this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    For a phone I really friggin' want, the rumor mill is starting to get on my nerves. This article, posted today, says the G3 is coming with 2GB RAM. LG G3 leaked pictures: Similar design to the HTC One (M8) | BGR

    What happened to 3GB RAM? I know these are rumors and shouldn't be easily bought into, but May 27th is quickly approaching and I would have figured by now, with only 2 weeks before debut, there would be more fact and less bull$hit floating around the net. If it does come with 2GB RAM, I'll be picking up the Xperia Z2. I really hate the rumor phase of cell phone release.
    Hope you enjoy your new Xperia Z2 as the G2 will only have 2GB of ram
    LG-isai
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by dctokyo View Post
    Hope you enjoy your new Xperia Z2 as the G2 will only have 2GB of ram
    And who makes you the authority to say it will have 2gb of ram?

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  
    Kilroy13's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    366 Posts

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    2 gb of ram is all it will have!

    Sent from my G-Flex........Life is Good!✌
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by livetoride4666 View Post
    And who makes you the authority to say it will have 2gb of ram?

    Posted via Android Central App
    a person that has more inside information that you
    LG-isai
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by scy1192 View Post
    There's a difference between QHD (Quad HD) and qHD (Quarter HD)

    Quad HD = 4x the area of 1280x720
    Quarter HD = 1/4 the area of 1920x1080
    Ahhhh marketing. They are both always listed in all caps. Never mind the problem immediately seen. Worse than the same acronym, their base for HD is also different. We all know the nonsense of HD 720p vs HD 1080i vs FHD 1080p already. So now it goes:

    QHD 960x540p
    HD 1280x720p
    HD 1920x1080i
    FHD 1920x1080p
    QHD 2560x1440p
    UHD 3840x2160p
    4K 4000x2000p


    And etc etc etc....the acronym guys need to all be kicked out and taught how to count.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by dctokyo View Post
    a person that has more inside information that you
    All that inside information and you were wrong when you said the G3 would be the Isai FL? LG G3 Spotted
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by scy1192 View Post
    All that inside information and you were wrong when you said the G3 would be the Isai FL? LG G3 Spotted
    I have inside information... It will have 3gb ram, 805 processor, 2k screen, ext SD card support up to 128gb, 3300mah battery, wireless charging, ultraviolet sensor for lowlight pics.

    PS. My inside info is very reliable... Unless dreams aren't.? Oh yea, in my dream the volume buttons have speaker grills.
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    I have inside information... It will have 3gb ram, 805 processor, 2k screen, ext SD card support up to 128gb, 3300mah battery, wireless charging, ultraviolet sensor for lowlight pics.

    PS. My inside info is very reliable... Unless dreams aren't.? Oh yea, in my dream the volume buttons have speaker grills.
    Wrong, my inside information says it will have an Apple A7, 16GB RAM, and a 4.12-inch 4K display
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by scy1192 View Post
    Wrong, my inside information says it will have an Apple A7, 16GB RAM, and a 4.12-inch 4K display
    I think you are thinking about the new Apple+one flip phone.
    I do feel my inside info is closer.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    836 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by scy1192 View Post
    Wrong, my inside information says it will have an Apple A7, 16GB RAM, and a 4.12-inch 4K display
    What are you talking about? An iPhone? A 4.12" display on the G3? No freaking way. Try > 5"

    Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  25. #25  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Ahhhh marketing. They are both always listed in all caps. Never mind the problem immediately seen. Worse than the same acronym, their base for HD is also different. We all know the nonsense of HD 720p vs HD 1080i vs FHD 1080p already. So now it goes:

    QHD 960x540p
    HD 1280x720p
    HD 1920x1080i
    FHD 1920x1080p
    QHD 2560x1440p
    UHD 3840x2160p
    4K 4000x2000p


    And etc etc etc....the acronym guys need to all be kicked out and taught how to count.
    I always see the lower resolution listed as qHD, with the lowercase letter to distinguish it. Sadly a lot of people don't know this, just like MB vs Mb....
    And UHD=4K 😛

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 04:29 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 03:04 PM
  3. KitKat Over the Air Download to Note 3
    By mickeyboat in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2014, 01:07 AM
  4. Pengi and the Polar Pirates - an endless sliding game
    By NoorStudios in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 11:51 PM
  5. Can you disable the beep when changing volume levels?
    By razortag in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 10:36 PM

Posting Permissions