Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rahxephon
  • 1 Post By Soundtrack to Chaos
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default will the LG G3's screen look better or worse than the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

will the LG G3's screen look better or worse than the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

fairly certain that both will have 2560x1440 resolution.... Samsung will no doubt use SuperAMOLED screen, while LG will use LCD.

Global Posts
    6,613 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: will the LG G3's screen look better or worse than the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

I haven't seen any confirmed specs for either phone, but even if they both use the same resolution, there's the difference in display technology, pixel arrangement, and screen size. I'd say they're both going to be sharp enough so that you won't be able to tell the difference, so it'll come down to whether you prefer AMOLED or IPS.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: will the LG G3's screen look better or worse than the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

If it has this screen Samsung can suck it ....

http://www.product-reviews.net/2014/...mors-reignite/
    Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    will the LG G3's screen look better or worse than the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

fairly certain that both will have 2560x1440 resolution.... Samsung will no doubt use SuperAMOLED screen, while LG will use LCD.
    I'm not sure, there is a possibility the G3 will use AMOLED, it make sense with their Quick Circle feature. Just a guess.

One thing I can guarantee on is that both G3 and Note 4 screens will be extremely saturated.

Over-saturation is definitely a personal preference and IMO the average consumer prefers it when doing side by side comparisons over a more neutral looking image. To answer the OP's question, it may come down to what the user prefers. I'm expecting two striking displays. Actual performance (lag, video), we shall see.
    UJ95x likes this.

Why don't we wait until the note is out to have this discussion?

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
    Thanked by:
    TheLibertarian likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Why don't we wait until the note is out to have this discussion?

the short red hair chick who does review videos have said the G3's 2k screen
    shows "no noticeable difference" compared to her Galaxy Note 3, side-by-side,
    during today's launch event. Not surprising.... on a small 5.5-inch phone screen
    it may make not difference...(but on a 10" or 12" tablet, it probably makes a
    huge difference! )

the short red hair chick who does review videos have said the G3's 2k screen
    shows "no noticeable difference" compared to her Galaxy Note 3, side-by-side,
    during today's launch event. Not surprising.... on a small 5.5-inch phone screen
    it may make not difference...(but on a 10" or 12" tablet, it probably makes a
    huge difference! )
    All the videos I saw, including mkbhd thought the screen was great

Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    All the videos I saw, including mkbhd thought the screen was great

was the G3 next to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3?

was the G3 next to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
    Nope,doesn't really matter, it's easily visible that this phone has the best display IMO