Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nokia4life
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Purchase Direct From LG ?

Does LG make unlocked phones available for direct purchase?

Default Re: Purchase Direct From LG ?

If you mean buying from the LG website like Google does with Nexus devices on Google Play, then the answer is No.

The LG website will just give you a list of retailers on where to get the phone, if you like in the UK for example it will probably direct you to Amazon.co.uk and Carphonewarehouse.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by KatMiku View Post
    If you mean buying from the LG website like Google does with Nexus devices on Google Play, then the answer is No.

The LG website will just give you a list of retailers on where to get the phone, if you like in the UK for example it will probably direct you to Amazon.co.uk and Carphonewarehouse.
    Pretty lame and it will hold back sales.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com

I think it saves them money to not hire distributors and online sales reps/CSR's, also not dealing with residential shipping worldwide.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    I think it saves them money to not hire distributors and online sales reps/CSR's, also not dealing with residential shipping worldwide.
    Might be but I like to buy direct. So this will allow me to over look this device I guess. I'm sure its a small amount of customer base but its something. I'm sure it will sale either way!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    Might be but I like to buy direct. So this will allow me to over look this device I guess. I'm sure its a small amount of customer base but its something. I'm sure it will sale either way!
    I agree with you cgardnervt i prefer to by it unlocked for my region and not deal with carriers and what will happen is all of these third party locations will get them however they LTE will not work in NorthAmerica just like the LG G2 kinda sucks only option is carrier or give up features of LTE to get one from korea. LG should do like HTC and sell it from their site as we'll as carrier they make more money in the end.
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)
    Thanked by:
    cgardnervt likes this.