LG G3: Verizon

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't removable on the G2 so I would expect that it would be the same for the G3. As for those that are telling people to stop whining about the logos, some (including myself) can be very particular about the aesthetics of their phone. My main issue is that the logos (especially on the front) are absolutely unnecessary. While I do understand that logos are placed to advertise who made the product and such, it's not like I'm suddenly going to forget that my phone is on the Verizon network with the huge Verizon and 4G LTE logo on the back, the Verizon logo on startup, the Verizon branding on the notification shade, the utterly useless and non-removable Verizon applications, etc. And it also sure as hell isn't going to make anyone think "I'm switching to Verizon!" after seeing that obtrusive logo on the front since 95% of the time, I'm the only one looking at my phone... and I haven't forgotten which network I'm using (see above). Basically, it boils down to branding fatigue... I know what device I'm using, I know what network I'm on, I don't need a logo to shove it in my face everytime I use my device.

Making a big deal out of nothing? Yeah, pretty much... but still irritating like a splinter in your finger. It's not going to kill you but it'll definitely be on your mind.

Look again at the posts prior to yours. No one said to "stop whining" as you incorrectly stated in your rant. Specifically, it was my post you misspoke about so i'll respond and offer a couple of suggestions that may ease your mind and help with the irritation.

1. Operate your device in dim lit areas or at night, only. You won't be able to see any logos in those environments.
2. Use a full body case for your device. This should cover all carrier logos plus the device manufacturers. Of course now, you will see the case manufacturers name and logo all of the time. I think that's a fair trade off. Case manufacturers could always use a boost selling their products...
3. Switch to a no name carrier with no logo. I am 99% sure this will stop the irritation!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

anticlutch

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Distracts? Honestly when using any device do you REALLY notice the branding when you're using it? My goodness people whine over the simplest of things.

Look again at the posts prior to yours. No one said to "stop whining" as you incorrectly stated in your rant.

While not explicitly stated, it was implied.

Specifically, it was my post you misspoke about so i'll respond and offer a couple of suggestions that may ease your mind and help with the irritation.

1. Operate your device in dim lit areas or at night, only. You won't be able to see any logos in those environments.
2. Use a full body case for your device. This should cover all carrier logos plus the device manufacturers. Of course now, you will see the case manufacturers name and logo all of the time. I think that's a fair trade off. Case manufacturers could always use a boost selling their products...
3. Switch to a no name carrier with no logo. I am 99% sure this will stop the irritation!

Haha, clever. Yes I realize how big a deal I may seem like I'm making out of seemingly nothing but do keep in mind that a) everyone has their preferences, b) people will find a way to complain about everything, and c) perhaps our devices are just so good at what they do a small fault can seem like a bigger issue than it really is. Epitome of first world problems? Yeah, not going to argue there. But I'm not living in a third world country and thus, do not share the same problems and concerns as they do. To belittle my "problems" vis-?-vis those from the third world is, in my opinion, patronizing to both parties... but I digress.

Let's just leave it at agreeing to disagree on this topic as we all eagerly await the G3. I merely wanted to present my personal opinions on the matter, some of which are undoubtedly shared by others with a similar complaint with the excessive use of logos.

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
You got way too much time on your hands. Maybe a hobby or job would alleviate your unnatural propensity regarding logos. Or "maybe" the logos are conspiring against you. Sounds like a tinfoil hat might be in your future.

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
While not explicitly stated, it was implied.

Haha, clever. Yes I realize how big a deal I may seem like I'm making out of seemingly nothing but do keep in mind that a) everyone has their preferences, b) people will find a way to complain about everything, and c) perhaps our devices are just so good at what they do a small fault can seem like a bigger issue than it really is. Epitome of first world problems? Yeah, not going to argue there. But I'm not living in a third world country and thus, do not share the same problems and concerns as they do. To belittle my "problems" vis-?-vis those from the third world is, in my opinion, patronizing to both parties... but I digress.

Let's just leave it at agreeing to disagree on this topic as we all eagerly await the G3. I merely wanted to present my personal opinions on the matter, some of which are undoubtedly shared by others with a similar complaint with the excessive use of logos.

You are 100% right. You should voice your personal opinion even if it's different than the majority. More importantly we (Me) should respect those views (and poke fun respectfully).You're a good sport and I think we all are undoubtedly anxious to get our hands on the G3. Logos and all! 😀

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I imagine that everyone saying I should stop whining hate that I'm drawing attention to something they would rather not have on their device.

Oh well, I'm not the one who has to live with it. I left Verizon for this and other reasons.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I imagine that everyone saying I should stop whining hate that I'm drawing attention to something they would rather not have on their device.

Oh well, I'm not the one who has to live with it. I left Verizon for this and other reasons.

You left Verizon because they put their logo on their phones? Seriously?? :confused:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I stay with Verizon because the by far have the best network in my town.

Posted via Android Central App

Same here. They may not be the cheapest or have the best plans but they by far have the best coverage where I am.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I travel and overall VZW beats ATT. I have both and I use my VZW more for work then my ATT work phone. In Las Vegas, ATT 3G was better than my VZW LTE and I think it was only because Vegas was congested. When I went in Feb, I had no issues but then again, it's not as busy. But I went back in May and Vegas was packed.

I don't mind paying the extra for VZW, It's worth it to me.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I still semi expect VZW to low ball with the 2/16 version and mislead about expendable app storage. The G2 did not have a sd slot.

Also concerned about the dimmer display and curious how much quicker the battery drains when gaming and Web use. Battery tests are relative to the user, so best not to go by review benchmarks.

Also hoping VZW does not patch and kill root.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was ever wondering if we were ever going to get back to actually talking about the topic at hand.

I'm wondering about release date too. Summer release could mean anything. Like end of August.

smitts

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering about release date too. Summer release could mean anything. Like end of August.

This. I am seriously needing to upgrade my Razr HD Maxx now that the 4.4 update has all but killed it. I stopped by the Verizon store and looked at some phones yesterday. I think* this is my first choice but want to hold it first. If we don't get a date soon it may be M8 for me and then figure things out later.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I still think Verizon will sell a 2/16 and mislead about expandable app storage. The G2 did not have an SD slot. Would not be surprised also if the "premium" at Tmo is the 3/32 and they have exclusivity.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I still think Verizon will sell a 2/16 and mislead about expandable app storage. The G2 did not have an SD slot. Would not be surprised also if the "premium" at Tmo is the 3/32 and they have exclusivity.

Why would Tmo have exclusivity on the 3/32 version?

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Why would Tmo have exclusivity on the 3/32 version?

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

1. Tmo so far is the only carrier touting the 3/32. If some other carriers are releasing lower spec models, that would explain the lack of word yet from them. They would wait closer to release.

2. Chatter continues to grow about Tmo having a premium model over other carriers. The 3/32 is apparently the premium model.

3. A Best Buy manager dude I know that does their cell phone training for the area and works with carrier reps mentioned Tmo had at least temporary exclusivity with the 3/32. His accuracy rate is only 50%, but corroborates with item 1 and 2.

Not too longish to find out.

dmullins8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
If Verizon ends up with just a 2/16 I will pass, love the phone but can't do the 16gb. May have to go for the M8.

Posted via Android Central App

overzeetop

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
What is the draw back to the 2GB main memory, or to the 16GB for that matter? In the former, how often do you run out of RAM on your handset, and what were you doing when you did? In the latter case, wouldn't a 128GB uSD fix the space issue (and probably for less than the cost of the upgrade to the 32GB version if both were offered side by side)?

Discl: I'm coming from the Apple world, so things only work the way Steve would have wanted them to, and we have no other choice. Also, I'm wedded to Verizon through a corporate deal where I get unlimited data + enough voice/text for my needs for $45/mo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc